• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Technical Help Needed

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
My oldest daughter just bought an iPod Shuffle. We've discovered how to burn discs into her library, but can't seem to figure out how to move library on to her Shuffle.

I know this has gotta be easy...

Help!

PS Slim go rant in Fantasy Football and leave Apple alone unless you know the answer. But yeah, it's making windows based MP3 players for me look better every day.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the library on iTunes? If it is as soon as you plug in the shuffle iTunes will recognize it and update it. If it doesn't update automatically make sure your shuffle is connected and go the View menu and then Preferences. There should be a Shuffle or iPod tab there, play around with the settings. Sorry this isn't more specific but I have an iPod and have never used a shuffle before.

If you've burned the CD's onto your computer without using iTunes just drag and drop the files into the iTunes window.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Aaron.

Did the trick.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
The iTunes library is showing a Shared Library Directory, and we can't seem to get anything out of it onto the iPod shuffle. I tried View and Preferences.

There are two device/library lists on the left- one lists her library. The other is called a Shared Directory with songs off my hard drive that only lists songs I've downloaded from the Internet, and not all the music I've ripped from my CDs.

I've looked at all the help tabs and they don't seem to be much help.

Any thoughts?

This doesn't seem to be intuitive at all...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It just works!

smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hopefully you don't have to call Apple tech support..bwahahahahaha

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Please see Post #1.

Rectum!

Steve, you should know by now that anytime you issue a challenge like in post #1, in the fantasy football league, or with pistols at dawn, that I will be there to beat you until you stop challenging me.

I am your daddy.

So did you get the infernal device working yet or what?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Steve, you should know by now that anytime you issue a challenge like in post #1, in the fantasy football league, or with pistols at dawn, that I will be there to beat you until you stop challenging me.

I am your daddy.
Slim:

You just happen to be the luckiest guy on the planet.

For now.

No.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Slim:

You just happen to be the luckiest guy on the planet.

For now.

No.

Ahahahaha Happy Birthday you crotchety old bastard!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can set them up to sync automatically, which I never do. Or you can just load them into your library and then highlight them and drag them onto your shuffle on the left.

In iTunes the ipod shows up as a drive, just highlight the suckers and drag em over into your ipod.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The iTunes library is showing a Shared Library Directory, and we can't seem to get anything out of it onto the iPod shuffle. I tried View and Preferences.

I think the flat rule is that you cannot take something from someone else's library (the shared library) and put it on your iPod. We share within sub-networks here on our campus but it is impossible to take other people's music and put it on your iPod or in your own iTunes library. I think that's just to stay within the copyright laws.

b

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I have done it before...Just won't work this time,

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Ahahahaha Happy Birthday you crotchety old bastard!
Why thank you angry young man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics