• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Unofficial thread

Louys

Reaction score
I don't think it's just you. I've found that all of my TS stuff fits just a little shorter in the body and the sleeves than most other brands. Personally it works for my body type, but I would never buy a shirt from them that needed to be tucked. The only sweater I own from them is the heavyweight steel sweatshirt. The effect is more pronounced in that piece. I'm hoping that it will stretch with some wear.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

I don't think it's just you. I've found that all of my TS stuff fits just a little shorter in the body and the sleeves than most other brands. Personally it works for my body type, but I would never buy a shirt from them that needed to be tucked. The only sweater I own from them is the heavyweight steel sweatshirt. The effect is more pronounced in that piece. I'm hoping that it will stretch with some wear. 

I've got the two heavyweight crewneck sweaters in size 36 which I like except for it's short length which is 24" and big wide in the waist is a terrible combination.

fitchottie

Reaction score
If anyone is interest I have all three of the gingham shirts in size 42. I would like to sell them they are brand new recieved today. Got a gift card and would prefer to use the funds elsewhere.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've sworn off TS lately due to sizing issues but the camel washed duck canvas jacket looks pretty sweet.

Too bad the sleeve length is 24"???

Last edited:

SerialComma

Reaction score
I received the three-button hooded sweatshirt yesterday. I love it. It fits WAY better than the sweatshirts I picked up a year or so ago, longer and drapier. I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do, but it will see heavy rotation this fall.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meso

I agree the camel and the olive look good. I am having a hard time finding jackets in some of these designer brands that fit my shoulders. I have bought a few Taylor stitch items and am happy with them, fit and quality is excellent. Where I get in trouble are jackets, usually shoulders a too tight. There are a couple of SF featured vendors that i am watching for this type of jacket. With Taylor Stitch offering larger sizes, i can just get the sleeves shortened. I am having to do that with a Barbour jacket I bought in the spring. Looks like you are looking at the same size as me, I may have to just order and see how it works. I am hoping these will be available for xmas...if I keep buying what i want I won't need anything for xmas :)

fitchottie

Reaction score
I have a $250.00 gift card code if anyone is interested for sale.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread...thoroughly impressed with their Hyde shirt. Best shirt under 100 bucks without a doubt.

Louys

Reaction score
The official thread is open again, no need to bump.

Roddydo

Reaction score
Looking to get an honest (as opposed to a "we get a cut" if you buy through this link) review of the Winslow Parka from somebody who has worn one for a spell - is it heavier than a Barbour jacket? Similar?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads