• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

slude

Reaction score
Latecomer to the thread, but my linen jack and now my red shadow plaid california both suffer from the tiny arm issues mentioned above. I also wear a 46 as one of the earlier posters. I have several TS shirts and think I will need an alternative if this is the new fit.. I have no idea who is supposed to fit in 46 chest shirts with toothpick arms.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latecomer to the thread, but my linen jack and now my red shadow plaid california both suffer from the tiny arm issues mentioned above. I also wear a 46 as one of the earlier posters. I have several TS shirts and think I will need an alternative if this is the new fit.. I have no idea who is supposed to fit in 46 chest shirts with toothpick arms.

Any idea when the small arms thing happened, and if it's most shirts? I haven't bought a shirt from TS in awhile. I actually have to size up a lot since I'm between sizes, so this may be good for me.

slude

Reaction score
Any idea when the small arms thing happened, and if it's most shirts? I haven't bought a shirt from TS in awhile. I actually have to size up a lot since I'm between sizes, so this may be good for me.

I have ~10 of their shirts, and only recently has this occurred. It's not just the china shift -- I have at least one MiC shirt that is fine.

BDKA

Reaction score
I have ~10 of their shirts, and only recently has this occurred. It's not just the china shift -- I have at least one MiC shirt that is fine.

I’ve actually just had the opposite happen with the newly-released ‘Jack in Navy Donegal’, which looks beautiful but is an entire size larger than every one of the dozen TS I already own. I’m a Small/38 in every TS shirt or top, and this was way too long & big in the arms & v loose on the body. Mine might have been a mislabeled 40/Medium, but idk. Otherwise I’ve honestly had no sizing or quality issues on any items made outside of the US.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same issue here with a 42 in the Navy Donegal and the Navy Dot Jacquad. Sleeve length slightly longer but forearm definitely much narrower than any other TS or Civic shirt I own.

pima1234

Reaction score
There's no way I'll be able to squeeze my arms into my new Jacks if they shrink at all or my arms bulk up at all. It's ridiculous. I hate to say it, but I think I'm finally officially done. Same with Gustin's new shirt sizing. It just doesn't work for me. No refunds makes purchasing risky.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the olive jacquad coming this week. Will compare to my other dozen TS shirts.

RUFiO795

Reaction score
PSA for the new Long Haul Indigo Waffle: it’s awesome, and the fit is 100% different than previous iterations. Specifically, I have a Long Haul in size Medium-40 from a few years ago and it’s so short that I barely ever wear it, although the sleeves fit fine. I ordered this new Long Haul in a Medium as well (I wear a Small in everything else from TS), and it was humongous, so I sent it back for a Small-38, and it fits perfectly. Sleeve length is great, and the length of the jacket itself is at least 1.5-2 inches longer than the previous Long Haul version. Way more wearable for my tastes.

The more you know.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Jack shirt sizing? I'm 5'-8", 145 lbs. I'm usually a shmedium and that makes buying shirts difficult. I can do either small or medium in Epaulet. (small's tend to be pretty tight and chest pulls a bit...mediums start out a little looser than I'd prefer but typically shrink down just enough)

I'm interested in the Donegal Jack shirt. I have a red plaid Moto shirt from Taylor Stitch from a few years back in size small (38) that is a touch looser than I'd prefer but for some reason I think I remember reading that shirt was purposely cut a little bigger. Any help is appreciated!

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'11" 175 and wear a 40 in all Jacks. Depending not the fabrics, some fit better than others. Their merino Jack's have a bit of stretch and give, while some of their heavier cloths were a bit too fitted for me..

BDKA

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Jack shirt sizing? I'm 5'-8", 145 lbs. I'm usually a shmedium and that makes buying shirts difficult. I can do either small or medium in Epaulet. (small's tend to be pretty tight and chest pulls a bit...mediums start out a little looser than I'd prefer but typically shrink down just enough)

I'm interested in the Donegal Jack shirt. I have a red plaid Moto shirt from Taylor Stitch from a few years back in size small (38) that is a touch looser than I'd prefer but for some reason I think I remember reading that shirt was purposely cut a little bigger. Any help is appreciated!

I had to return my Small/38 Navy Donegal Jack, which I purchased via the Workshop, as it was a good size larger than every other TS shirts I have. With only a few exceptions Small is consistently my size in TS tops (i’m 6’ tall, 38” chest, slim but not skinny by any stretch of the imagination). It fit more like the Maritime Shirts from last year, which were oversized in me, whereas all other TS shirts I own are a perfect, bespoke-looking cut on me; slim without hugging the figure. I would still like a Navy Donegal Jack, but I intend to contact TS for exact measurements of the XS & S and to ask why the sizing, at least on the one I received, was inconsistent with every other shirt I’ve bought from them.

Neurochemist

Reaction score

My son is actually similar measurements as you (5'9", 147lbs). He wears a size 36 in J.Crew suits and purchased the TS Oxford Jacks in size 36 as well. They were very tight, uncomfortably tight. He might have been able to get away with wearing it had he not worn a proper undershirt, but it was very tight on him otherwise. He could barely stretch. The size 38 fit him much better, though since he's been lifting weights, it kind of looks disproportionate on him. I would honestly start with the 38. Also check ebay as you might be able to find a good deal without diving in too wallet deep.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
On tightness - my Jack - Indigo Stripe seemed much tighter than my collection of regular OBDC Jacks. I returned it.

Just got a grey jacquard one and it feels a bit tighter, but ok. i think the fabric is more the different feel than the cut.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
As a quick update, yes the grey jacquard is tighter in the forearm. The rest feels similar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads