• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Reaction score
To add to the sizing confusion I’ve received two ‘small/38’ TS items in the past week which have wildly different fits; The Chore Shirt, Indigo Stripe Chambray, and my first T-shirt from them, a green Heavy-Bag Tee... The Chore shirt is pretty oversized, fits like an overshirt which was a bit disappointing - I bought it on sale from a small store so can’t exchange it. The Tee on the other hand fits great through the torso, slim but with enough room, but it’s about 2” too narrow in the shoulders, and although I do keep in shape I’m far from broad- or muscular-shouldered. It’s bizarre, like it’s only going to fit tiny-frame ppl or ppl who like skin-tight tees. Pretty annoying, and I’m terrified that if it shrinks even half a cm I can’t wear it. I feel if I size-up to a Medium it’d be great through the upper body but too boxy & long in the torso. Anyone else experience this?

I gave up on them ever being able to produce two garments in the same size. I've got pants from them from 34 to 36, and shirts in 40 and 42 depending on the fabric used. I'm in love with the styling, but I just can't with TS anymore. Some replacement brands that have worked better for me have been Buck Mason, Filson, and Outerknown. A little pricier, but they all have a commitment to responsible manufacturing, and have normal consistent sizing.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New California in brown hemp chambray. Love it.

20180125_160908.jpg

BDKA

Reaction score
Anyone here received one of the new batch of Moto Jacket in Black? Given the recent talk of erratic fit from TS products I’m curious to hear from someone who owns one how it compares to their other TS pieces, their usual TS fit in shirts, jackets etc. I’m usually a Small/38, but from the garment measurements I think the Medium might fit better in certain places but the arms could be way long. Any advice?

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Anyone here received one of the new batch of Moto Jacket in Black? Given the recent talk of erratic fit from TS products I’m curious to hear from someone who owns one how it compares to their other TS pieces, their usual TS fit in shirts, jackets etc. I’m usually a Small/38, but from the garment measurements I think the Medium might fit better in certain places but the arms could be way long. Any advice?

In regards to the fits: Not a new owner (I bought the first round in 2015/16), but I imagine that since it is from Golden Bear, not TS, the sizing will be more consistent. I know manufacturers tend to have varying degrees of accuracy when they do collabs, but given how close the prices are to mainline GB, I'd say it's safe to assume they will be pretty close to the chart. I have three pieces from the TS-GB collabs (Whiskey Moto, Espresso Seca, Monterey Bomber) and I'd say they align with how I'd expect them to. The Moto is fitted in the chest (which it's supposed to be) with long sleeves, the Seca is loose in the chest with shorter sleeves (honestly might be 1/2" too short, but that might just be how the leather sits once the elbows bunch), and the Monterey is loose in chest and moderate in the sleeves (supposed to be the same as the Seca, but the wool sits differently and more comfortably...it FEELS longer if that makes sense). I've got monkey arms so I tend to care more about sleeve length/cuffs than anything.

Answer to your actual question: The Moto WILL have long arms (intentionally). It will also bunch up as the leather breaks in. The Chest will give and GB said, during the first round, that you should get it fitted so it stretches to fit you better - so unless you muffin-top a bit (I do...), it won't look like you're squeezing in to a tube. It's apparently the same advice they give to the Moto-Cops sizing for their jackets..."wear the jacket and do your normal workout's pushups" was also something they said... I wear a M in all things TS tops/outwear EXCEPT the Long Haul which I went L with because it's so short in the sleeve (33.5" instead of the 35" I normally take).

As a side note to @summersteve and TS, gimme some 35" sleeves on Mediums (consistently)! :)

diogenes000

Reaction score

I also own the TS/GB Moto jacket, but in whiskey, from the 2016/2017 batch, and I agree with th3buhbuh: it's supposed to be fitted at the chest, will loosen as you wear it, and the sleeves are meant to be long, given its nature as a motorcycle jacket.

I wear a size 36 in all my TS shirts--mechanic, utility, oxford, california chambray--and a 36 in the Long Haul. All of these items are among the best-fitting clothing that I--a rail-thin guy--own.

One thing to keep in mind about the Moto jacket: if you purchase it in your typical size, you might find it difficult to layer heavy-ish shirts underneath. While I can comfortably wear a t-shirt or oxford with my jacket, heavier shirts and sweaters tighten up the fit to a near-uncomfortable or downright uncomfortable level. This is fine with me. I thought about sizing up to a 38, but the sleeves would definitely have been too long, and the overall fit of the jacket would likely have been bulkier with tees and oxfords. I prefer a more fitted look. Hope this helps!

IChen

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the new Henleys.....noticed a lot of their stuff now made overseas....

CitizenV

Reaction score
To add to the sizing confusion I’ve received two ‘small/38’ TS items in the past week which have wildly different fits; The Chore Shirt, Indigo Stripe Chambray, and my first T-shirt from them, a green Heavy-Bag Tee... The Chore shirt is pretty oversized, fits like an overshirt which was a bit disappointing - I bought it on sale from a small store so can’t exchange it. The Tee on the other hand fits great through the torso, slim but with enough room, but it’s about 2” too narrow in the shoulders, and although I do keep in shape I’m far from broad- or muscular-shouldered. It’s bizarre, like it’s only going to fit tiny-frame ppl or ppl who like skin-tight tees. Pretty annoying, and I’m terrified that if it shrinks even half a cm I can’t wear it. I feel if I size-up to a Medium it’d be great through the upper body but too boxy & long in the torso. Anyone else experience this?

In a way, yes, but since Taylor Stich provide measurements for the stuff they sell, I just sized differently.

BDKA

Reaction score
th3buhbuh & diogenes000 - Thank you kindly for your replies, both super helpful. I think I will wait and try out the Small, my usual size. There was/is a Medium on sale on eBay at a great price, and with several ppl mentioning how slim-fitting the jacket can be I was wondering if I should risk it and go for a Medium, but yeah it looks like a jacket I’d want to wear over a t-shirt and not much more, and with a comfortable arm-length; I’ve owned larger leather jackets before and layered with them, but its about time I got a really nicely fitted one. I’m guessing you guys are happy with it? It looks like a gorgeous jacket. Anyway, again, thank you both.

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
I also got the brown hemp chambray shirt and it seems really nice, though I've not worn it yet.

Anyone check out the voting on upcoming summer fabrics? Not a single thing made in the US anymore, including several products which were USA-made in the past, such as the Winslow parka and Camp pants. Extremely disappointing; I don't think I'll be patronizing TS much in the future. Real shame.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Anyone check out the voting on upcoming summer fabrics? Not a single thing made in the US anymore, including several products which were USA-made in the past, such as the Winslow parka and Camp pants. Extremely disappointing; I don't think I'll be patronizing TS much in the future. Real shame.

The henly looked fine even from Mexico, but everything else is same-old-but-China... I know there's been a lot of debate over quality and ethics in regards to this already. Has anyone gotten any of the made in China stuff yet? It's gonna be a long hard sell for me to get over the years of made in China being an ethical concern, but quality I can oddly believe. Enough big name denim companies accept fabrics woven there. Still...

I'm really just bummed at how boring both of the recent previews have been. Spring and Summer usually have at least 1 interesting new piece...

mattstevens

Reaction score
The henly looked fine even from Mexico, but everything else is same-old-but-China... I know there's been a lot of debate over quality and ethics in regards to this already. Has anyone gotten any of the made in China stuff yet? It's gonna be a long hard sell for me to get over the years of made in China being an ethical concern, but quality I can oddly believe. Enough big name denim companies accept fabrics woven there. Still...

I received one of this year's Yosemites for Christmas. I haven't noticed any construction issues, but the sizing is substantially off from my other Yosemites from 2+ years back. The shoulder width and length line up but the new one is 2" larger in the chest and 0.75" larger in the waist. Given BDKA's experience with the new Maritimes I wonder if the stuff coming out of China is running big.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand why TS makes so few camp pants. They seem to be a consistently good seller but they offer so few variants, and based on the summer preview, will be offering the exact same colors as last year.

Austin Tremblay

Reaction score
Maybe this is an incredibly idiotic question, but: Why is the rise in the Democratic size denim smaller than the rise in the Slim size denim? If the cut is roomier, wouldn't it also be roomier in the rise? Perhaps I just don't understand enough about the construction of pants, but it seems counterintuitive to me that the rise would be smaller in a roomier cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads