• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

calvane

Reaction score
I had a long back and forth with Mike Maher yesterday about this and they have a long written response to share with anyone who downvotes TS products made in China:

The American factories are staffed with immigrants, not Americans.

Wait, what? You should be considered American even if you're an immigrant... unless he's alluding to the employment of illegal immigrants?

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a long back and forth with Mike Maher yesterday about this and they have a long written response to share with anyone who downvotes TS products made in China:

The American factories they were using are no more ethical than the Chinese factories.
The American factories are staffed with immigrants, not Americans.
The American factories are not producing the quality that the Chinese can (even mentioned 20 stitches per inch on Yosemite samples from China that Portugal can't handle).
The clothing industry is a major source of pollution and the Chinese factories are newer and more efficient (less waste, pollution).

I appreciate the thought they put into the information he shared. There are plenty of counterpoints to make about pollution increase from importing from overseas and not spending money in the US among others.

I mentioned looking at small brands that do it themselves (Railcar) and others that are sticking with the Made in America pledge (Freenote Cloth among others). They countered that Railcar will always be small and that Freenote uses the same factories they do in the U.S.

It appears to be an agree to disagree situation for me. I am going to avoid TS products made in china. If it looks like they are making that move for their entire product line I will take my name off the mailing list.

wow

oynag

Reaction score
...perception of value.

And as consumers, it's hard to shake that (irrational) sentiment...

Appreciate the thoughtful replies. I agree it is irrational and comes down to perception. iPhones are some of the most well-manufactured items produced on an extremely large scale and they get made in China. I don't think people in France are clamoring for made in the USA goods. We do because we live here and we're tribal.

Reaction score
I can live with the occasional item made in China if I could buy two 34s from TS and have them actually be the same size. Though I would prefer if they had the same degree of transparency as Everlane with their Chinese stuff, I was much more upset when my glacier shirt turned out to be smaller than the rest of my shirts. Love the brand, but I'm not comfortable buying more unless I'm in SF and can try it on first.

calvane

Reaction score
Does TS measure their sleeve length as sleeve to center back? The Jack size chart says sleeves are 34.5" long, and my Medium jack measures 25" in sleeve length and 17.5" in the shoulders. Sleeve to center back is about ~34" but I guess that could have shrunk .5" in the wash?

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoked the commuter jacket in merino popped back up in my size. Anyone own one and have thoughts? Judging by their sizing guide was a little different, since going by chest size I'm getting an XL, when in most TS shirting I'm a M..

IChen

Reaction score
Wow huge shame that they will start making stuff in China.

calvane

Reaction score
Got my Utility Shirt in Salt and Pepper Chambray. So far really impressed although it fits slightly tighter than my other two shirts (Jack). Looks like it's 43" instead of 44" like their measurements say.. At least it's made in California. The selvedge gussets/runoffs and triple stitching is great. Very soft as well.
Measurements of size 40 for anyone curious:
np8YAEn.jpg

ArKPnEI.jpg
m4g0OQ9.jpg
sdAQtJP.jpg
VqsOkkF.jpg
mZtZ1NF.jpg

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updates on the return of any more camp pants?

stevefok

Reaction score
Received my indigo selvedge waffle jacks and it is absolutely gorgeous, really nice fabric and the fit is perfect, I am really glad that TS didn't mess up the size on this one.

stevefok

Reaction score
@summersteve I agree 100% with @RUFiO795 , I love the fabric but not a fan with the new cut of the utility shirt. I love TS shirt becuz of the shorter length to be worn untucked and now I need to take the shirt to my tailor to see if she can have it shortened without affecting the triple neddle side stitch. Below is a photo of the new corded indigo shirt compare with the Natural Cross Jacquard utility shirt.

Follow up on the corded indigo utility shirt, I took it to my tailor and she managed to alter it without affecting the original triple needles chain stitch construction. Mine is size 36 and shortened 1.5" in length and 2.5" for the sleeves.

Love the fabric a lot and I think it's the weave which makes it really sofe and breathable.

whiskeytown

Reaction score
I really liked it too, but TS sent me three bad versions of it. I just couldn't deal with the headache anymore.

Each was too long and each had two different sleeve lengths sewed on. Wasn't going to spend another $50 for someone to fix TS's mistakes.

calvane

Reaction score
I really liked it too, but TS sent me three bad versions of it. I just couldn't deal with the headache anymore.

Each was too long and each had two different sleeve lengths sewed on. Wasn't going to spend another $50 for someone to fix TS's mistakes.

All three had different sleeve lengths? How off were they?

Recently had a subpar experience due to receiving the wrong shirt. I still like Taylor Stitch's Made in USA gear, and luckily I haven't received any garments where the measurements were too off, but their supply chain could probably use a little work. They might be growing too large, too quickly. I'm hoping it will get better!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads