• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

SLieber967

Reaction score
I wear a 32 in the slim chinos, same size for the preorder maritime shorts? Size chart is wonky.

theh00d

Reaction score
Crazy times at the Golden Bear stockroom sale today! Thanks for the love and discounts!

If any one is in SF, there will probably be stuff in the 36 or 44 range left. 11am, 200 Potrero.
Good! Im try stop by after work im a 36

Sudonihm

Reaction score
Got the Navy Jacquard California Shirt in 40 and I was swimming in it. And no 38 in stock. Disappointing as the fabric was great. Seems sizing has increased and that doesn't work for me. I used to take a 40 without fail (Hyde, California, etc.), but the last 2 of 3 shirts have been huge.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
@summersteve - I know that Mike from TS had previously asked us to let him know when the logistics system had hiccups (no tracking or email notification but something was sent, account page says one thing when we obviously received the product, etc). Do you still want us to let you know for troubleshooting/bug fixing?

pdxfairview

Reaction score
Got the Navy Jacquard California Shirt in 40 and I was swimming in it. And no 38 in stock. Disappointing as the fabric was great. Seems sizing has increased and that doesn't work for me. I used to take a 40 without fail (Hyde, California, etc.), but the last 2 of 3 shirts have been huge.
I also just received the Navy Jacquard California shirt, 44 in my case. It's larger than all my other TS 44s (and I have many). The shoulders fit correctly but it's big and blousy through the body...not the slim/fitted cut that I'm used to from TS. Debating returning it...it really is a beautiful shirt I just wish it fit like my other TS shirts. Hoping this is a one-off problem and that they haven't permanently changed their fit.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
So here's a thing...the "premier jacket" is...made in China... I've been all for ethically made in places outside the US, but I never expected China.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
The China thing has not been seen favorably by many.

It's too bad that they are made there.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's a thing...the "premier jacket" is...made in China... I've been all for ethically made in places outside the US, but I never expected China.

Ethics are not an American invention.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Ethics are not an American invention.

No, they are a product of society or societies at large. I never said it had to be MIUSA, in fact I've defended the choice to have things made in Portugal and other places. In the other hand, Made in China carries a bit of a stigma. That's all I was getting at - it's just a bit of a surprise that they would go from US/Canada/Portugal to China. No judgement.

shakemyhandplz

Reaction score
I also just received the Navy Jacquard California shirt, 44 in my case. It's larger than all my other TS 44s (and I have many). The shoulders fit correctly but it's big and blousy through the body...not the slim/fitted cut that I'm used to from TS. Debating returning it...it really is a beautiful shirt I just wish it fit like my other TS shirts. Hoping this is a one-off problem and that they haven't permanently changed their fit.

This is exactly my experience as well with the size 40. Great in the shoulders, billowy in the chest and arms.

mistersparkle

Reaction score

Is the "premier jacket" the Neoshell Hawkins Jacket? If so, there could be basic logistical reasons why they had to manufacture there. Most technical outerwear is made in China, Vietnam (Patagucci), or Canada (Arcteryx, Westcomb). Canada's significantly more expensive, so you're left with the other two for factories to get a Neoshell jacket sewn and taped up.

I am personally more concerned about the lower two pockets not being bellowed. Traditionally they are (look at any Barbour, Penfield, Fjallraven) so there's some affordance for bulk. I know Neoshell is stretchy, but I'd rather not have the contents of my pockets outlined for the world to see.

summersteve

Reaction score
Hey All,

@th3buhbuh feel free to DM with any of the issues you've discussed with Mike.

Regarding China: We set out to make the best jacket we could. This is the same reason we took our suiting and dress shirts to Portugal, and our Chino's to Spain. Simply put, the manufacturing in those respective areas is, in our opinion, superior to stateside manufacturing.
Yes, Made in China carries a stigma, but like many things in life there are two sides to the story. There is certainly bad manufacturing in China, but thankfully we are not forced to work with them. The factories that we have looked at have built full closed loop systems where they purify and recycle their own water, they feed all their workers (sometimes provide clothing and housing as well) and all adhere to fair labor standards. We utilize extensive compliance audits (usually paid for by much larger brands like Patagonia) to make sure of these things.
If anyone has any follow up or would like to discuss in detail feel free to DM me and we can chat as much as you'd like.

Until next time!
- Steve

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Hey All,

@th3buhbuh feel free to DM with any of the issues you've discussed with Mike.

Regarding China: We set out to make the best jacket we could. This is the same reason we took our suiting and dress shirts to Portugal, and our Chino's to Spain. Simply put, the manufacturing in those respective areas is, in our opinion, superior to stateside manufacturing.
Yes, Made in China carries a stigma, but like many things in life there are two sides to the story. There is certainly bad manufacturing in China, but thankfully we are not forced to work with them. The factories that we have looked at have built full closed loop systems where they purify and recycle their own water, they feed all their workers (sometimes provide clothing and housing as well) and all adhere to fair labor standards. We utilize extensive compliance audits (usually paid for by much larger brands like Patagonia) to make sure of these things.
If anyone has any follow up or would like to discuss in detail feel free to DM me and we can chat as much as you'd like.

Until next time!
- Steve

Hi @summersteve - thank you for responding. I will DM you will specific details (nothing upsetting - just minor delivery/notification things). As far as China... I think that was blown out of proportion. I absolutely have no problem with TS's choice of manufacturer. My comment was entirely about how in previous years, there was a conversation about the shift from purely US-made to US plus Portugal (and some Canada). This year we saw something we saw similar things from Canada (Albion) and a (in opinion) hybrid/modification of the Meridian (as the Hawkins). I actually like the Hawkins significantly better (from the pictures).

I am 100000% not trying to knock anything. It was entirely a comment on the choice of who produced the item. Thank you, @summersteve, for addressing that. I would appreciate TS keeping country of origin/ethics of origin in their forefront (if you do China when you've said you know there are stigmas, address how you've countered them with your selection in producer). I keep supporting you because I like where you produce and the quality of the production, but I also like that you keep us informed (it's seriously a big deal). No matter where you go, keep the consumers informed as to where and why you pick certain countries/companies. Even as a blog post.

The more info I get, the more I forgive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads