• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

TactileOne

Reaction score
When are the pre ordered telegraph jackets/pants going to be shipped?

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
When are the pre ordered telegraph jackets/pants going to be shipped?

I thought the site said 5/23 last I looked (I'm curious too though). I know the last release was a bit delayed. I just got my Hyde that I ordered with the telegraph set and I'm getting really impatient.

SouthNarc

Reaction score
I can't help but get pissed when I see that an item that I pre-ordered has not shipped yet but is available from T/S for purchase.

Sudonihm

Reaction score

I got mine today.  It fits weird compared to usual TS shirts.  Tighter across the chest/shoulders and much longer in length.  I think that may have something to do with it being part of the telegraph collection and designed to be worn tucked in?  I'm not sure.  I was planning on mostly wearing it casually with jeans and stuff so I'm a bit bummed about that I may end up still keeping it and tucking in for work because it's a seriously cool shirt otherwise.  Please let us know what you think of the fit when yours arrives. 

I got mine today and feel the same. I will likely keep it and take it to the tailor to be shortened. It's not a shirt that I'd wear to work, much too casual, so I find the decision to lengthen it strange, I also think the sleeves are longer than normal, but I'll live with that. The fabric is very thin, very summery, which is good.

Medoc

Reaction score
I can't help but get pissed when I see that an item that I pre-ordered has not shipped yet but is available from T/S for purchase.

This was actually a hot topic on this thread a couple months back. I believe they listed a different item on the site for standard order/stock and preorders had not yet shipped. Then a person who ordered it non-preorder was pissed when it didn't ship out for a week after he pulled the trigger. The preorders and stock purchases ended up going out the same day so I believe we assumed they listed it early before they had the product in hand. Whatever the case, they definitely should prioritize preorders over regular orders in my opinion. You don't put in a preorder so you can get it last, right?

On a side note, I do wish TS would update their basics. It would be cool to see some henleys, T's, and sweatshirts in some assorted colors. I know people have been asking for T's/v-necks for awhile now. If TS builds it, they will come.

shakemyhandplz

Reaction score
I was planning to purchase the Meridian, but it sold out for XS, S, XXL, and M. Is that a mistake? There was no indication of limited supply and funding is still at 52%.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
I was planning to purchase the Meridian, but it sold out for XS, S, XXL, and M. Is that a mistake? There was no indication of limited supply and funding is still at 52%.

I just tried as well. The chinos seem sold out too.

EDIT: It seems as though nothing is sold out, but that there is simply no option to select a size for anything, including stock items. Perhaps a website issue... (Firefox and IE)

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Moto Jacket will be restocked? I seem to remember seeing that it would be, but now am not sure..

jwbatusic

Reaction score

I just tried as well. The chinos seem sold out too.

EDIT: It seems as though nothing is sold out, but that there is simply no option to select a size for anything, including stock items. Perhaps a website issue... (Firefox and IE)

They tweeted that they were having website issues & working to resolve.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
@jwbatusic @th3buhbuh @Medoc & everybody else... I'm back. So sorry, I have been ghostin'. Broke my ankle in 3 places about 3 weeks ago and had no idea how much pain one 2 foot jump can do to yah while rock climbing.

I'll try & answer everybody's questions in the next couple days & more pressing one nows. Don't think I forgot about y'all, just trying to survive.

On the plus side, I did get to watch about 70 hours of The Wire, uninterrupted. Hot damn, that's the best god damn TV I've ever seen.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Started from the bottom ...

Quote: @gotribe

others involved: @eljlakers @Sudonihm @goldenbear

Here are my responses.
Boardshorts- ain't making the same mistake again w/ the board shorts. They're dropping early July at the latest, hopefully shipping out sooner. No patch delays. Nada. You may miss one or two pool days but not the entire summer.

The California Aloha was cut from some expensive Japanese fabric. Also, @Klemins hit the nail on the head, production cost is not massively different for a SS vs a LS oxford. You still have hardware, sewing, pattern matching, etc... LS just has a bit more yardage.

The Japanese Cotton was delayed in shipment, thus we didn't feel confident moving it up earlier in the month to guarantee an earlier delivery date.

Kinda explains both the price & the timing. Not ideal ... we're still toying with ideas on how to make things better but a lot of those changes are massive in terms of operations and scale. Trust me, your voice is not lost, it's just not as easy as it may seem.

Last edited:

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
@jwbatusic that was a web/ fulfillment center issue. We were told that we'd seamlessly be able to move our merchandise over and all their systems would tie in correctly and people would get product faster, fewer mistakes, and all would be well.

Let's just say there were a couple pot holes on that road that we didn't see coming. Working to remedy all of the situations so many of these issues wouldn't happen again.

SouthNarc

Reaction score

I got mine today and feel the same. I will likely keep it and take it to the tailor to be shortened. It's not a shirt that I'd wear to work, much too casual, so I find the decision to lengthen it strange, I also think the sleeves are longer than normal, but I'll live with that. The fabric is very thin, very summery, which is good.

Mine finally arrived and same to report as everyone else on fit. Long in the arms and body but a cool fabric.

tgaith77

Reaction score
It looks like now the S and M are available again...

I ordered the XXL and shortly after was told that there was a miscommunication with Mission and that size wasn't being produced. After looking at Missions website, the size run for their Merdian jacket is S-XL. Explains why the XS and XXL are no longer available on TS.

Im typically a 46 XXL in TS sizing, but it looks like I can fit Missions XL (chest 44"- 48"), so I told Mina to switch my order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics