• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Medoc

Reaction score
When do the Selvedge Jacks ship?

I got mine today. It fits weird compared to usual TS shirts. Tighter across the chest/shoulders and much longer in length. I think that may have something to do with it being part of the telegraph collection and designed to be worn tucked in? I'm not sure. I was planning on mostly wearing it casually with jeans and stuff so I'm a bit bummed about that I may end up still keeping it and tucking in for work because it's a seriously cool shirt otherwise. Please let us know what you think of the fit when yours arrives.

oynag

Reaction score
I'm going to admit I was a little bit miffed when the kimono workshopped yesterday for women- I saw it on Instagram, not noticing it said women's edition. Had my money out to throw down for tonight's release. Kimono for men!

Medoc

Reaction score
I'm going to admit I was a little bit miffed when the kimono workshopped yesterday for women- I saw it on Instagram, not noticing it said women's edition. Had my money out to throw down for tonight's release. Kimono for men!

In their journal section of the TS website, it actually lists the kimono under paper to product men's edition. Personally, I was not thrilled to see that. I'm pumped for the Mission Workshop collab. though. That forest green jacket has my name all over it. I have been looking for something waterproof with a performance vibe to it. I backed the beach jacket but this will be replacing that and is much more in line with what I was hoping for.

shakemyhandplz

Reaction score
The Kimono looks great and I'd be down to get the pants on the model as well.

There are so many fabrics/pieces that I wish men had as well.

cnew

Reaction score

In their journal section of the TS website, it actually lists the kimono under paper to product men's edition.  Personally, I was not thrilled to see that.  I'm pumped for the Mission Workshop collab. though.  That forest green jacket has my name all over it.  I have been looking for something waterproof with a performance vibe to it.  I backed the beach jacket but this will be replacing that and is much more in line with what I was hoping for.   

I think I was more frustrated with the price of the rain jacket. $400 for a rain jacket? Sometimes I just don't understand the pricing schemes. I still love Taylor Stitch, but I get nervous that their brand will soon become far too expensive for basic products.

shakemyhandplz

Reaction score
I think I was more frustrated with the price of the rain jacket. $400 for a rain jacket? Sometimes I just don't understand the pricing schemes. I still love Taylor Stitch, but I get nervous that their brand will soon become far too expensive for basic products.
I actually think the price for the rain jacket is pretty fair. The retail price for the actual Mission Workshop jacket is 450 and that price is rarely marked down.

Also, I wouldn't worry about being too expensive for basics. The great thing about the Workshop is that they can do unique collaborations or create unique pieces that goes beyond their normal stock of clothes.

gotribe

Reaction score

Have to disagree on this one. Look around at other waterproof jackets made out of the same materials. They are all very expensive. I think it's cool that TS is offering products like this rain coat, the Rancourt collabs, leather Moto jacket, etc even if they are at a high price point.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yosemite shirt for a Seattle-like week in the DC area...

Sudonihm

Reaction score
While I generally agree that the pricing is increasing for the crowdfunded products ($118-138 for a shirt after the crowdfunded period), the raincoat seems like a decent deal. The material is crazy expensive, the color is good (MW usually deal with Black or Charcoal, which is questionable for cyclists), and the regular price is $450 from MW.

At the price of the recent shirt releases, TS is moving into MTM cost territory and loses much of the allure for me. That and the basics seem to never be in stock in my size.

Just my $0.02.

goldenbear

Reaction score
Not impressed with the color options for the Yosemite. I would prefer reds, greens, or browns as a base color. Those colors work better with jeans and also match well with khaki. Lighter colors and blues are better for lighter weight IMO. The only one I liked was the blackwatch which I already have. The fabric and construction are still great though.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Not impressed with the color options for the Yosemite. I would prefer reds, greens, or browns as a base color. Those colors work better with jeans and also match well with khaki. Lighter colors and blues are better for lighter weight IMO. The only one I liked was the blackwatch which I already have. The fabric and construction are still great though.

I love chamois cloth but have hesitated from buying these because I don't want a fitted shirt in that style. I'd like a little more room to layer or relax.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While I generally agree that the pricing is increasing for the crowdfunded products ($118-138 for a shirt after the crowdfunded period), the raincoat seems like a decent deal.  The material is crazy expensive, the color is good (MW usually deal with Black or Charcoal, which is questionable for cyclists), and the regular price is $450 from MW. 

At the price of the recent shirt releases, TS is moving into MTM cost territory and loses much of the allure for me.  That and the basics seem to never be in stock in my size.

Just my $0.02.

I'm pretty sure their old "stock only" model had shirts priced around $128 often times (though they offered the %10 off for the first day); some of the oxfords were around $98 I believe. I'll be the first to admit an increase in prices (the selvage jacks do seem a little higher than others), but they're also offering a lot of new, and sometimes more obscure, fabrics. The appeal of crowdfunding is that you can offer things you otherwise couldn't, so it only makes sense that they'd experiment with some nicer or riskier options.

TactileOne

Reaction score
I have the black watch and wear the hell out of it both layered and not. One of my favorite TS purchases.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads