• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Please allow us to introduce ourselves.

Taylor Stitch is an independent outfitter that designs and manufactures most all products in San Francisco, CA - with the exception of our custom tailored shirts, which are cut and sewn by the country's second oldest shirt maker, Mel Gambert, in Newark, New Jersey

We have a shop in San Francisco (383 Valencia Street between 14th and 15th Streets) as well as online store ( taylorstitch.com ).

Our focus is on creating classic and durable staples. The cut of our clothing is tailored but by no means skinny. The fit and style have successfully accommodated many gents, both young and old.

We welcome questions about fit, construction and materials. Suggestions about what you want from us and pictures of your favorite pieces.

Intelligent and friendly support available every day from 11AM - 7PM PST. Give our store a jingle at 415-322-8773 or shoot a note to [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome, huge fan over here. Have a few shirts, most recently the 10 oz cone denim shirt. I had to do an exchange and everything was super smooth.

Let me ask you a question -- did your shirts used to be cut even slimmer? I bought a few size 42 shirts used and they were too slim (or previous owner shrunk them in the wash). They had an older label with the size imprinted on the label, instead of on a small tag below it. But your current 42 is just perfect.

jimney

Reaction score
I bought a linen tie a couple weeks ago that I really like, and I just ordered the white 100s 2-ply English shirt. I'm excited to get it, I've had problems finding good slim-fit shirts that work for me so I have high hopes.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Meso,

Thanks for the more than kind words. Glad you are enjoying the 10 oz Cone shirt - we were happy with the result, being our first denim shirt.

To answer your question, the shirt you purchased with the size imprinted on the label was the first round of shirts we ever made. We released those, this time, two years ago.

Since our first run, two things have happened:

1. The cut of the shirt is a little bigger.
2. All of the shirts we release are pre shrunk (the first ones were cut slimmer and also shrunk down.)

Don't worry - we are stoked on our fit and we will not touch a thing.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jimney -

Glad you enjoyed the tie - its Irish linnen sewed up in the Brooks Brothers Tie factory in NYC. Let me know what you think of the shirt. I hope it exceeds your expectations.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Glad to see you on the forum! I own a few of your shirts and they are easily some of my favorites. The quality is fantastic as is the cut. I'll also vouch for the top notch customer service. :)

I'm planning on trying your denim soon, now that you have 36 inch inseams.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at the store Friday, very cool shop!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meso,
Thanks for the more than kind words. Glad you are enjoying the 10 oz Cone shirt - we were happy with the result, being our first denim shirt.
To answer your question, the shirt you purchased with the size imprinted on the label was the first round of shirts we ever made. We released those, this time, two years ago.
Since our first run, two things have happened:
1. The cut of the shirt is a little bigger.
2. All of the shirts we release are pre shrunk (the first ones were cut slimmer and also shrunk down.)
Don't worry - we are stoked on our fit and we will not touch a thing.

Thanks for the info! I thought the cut got slightly bigger. Good to know I'm not going crazy.

I'm surprised TS doesn't get more attention on this forum. Easily as good a cut as Epaulet and WvG.

The nicer designs go quickly tho... I am still sad about sleeping on the white flower shirt a month or so back :(

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do wish they would do bigger runs on the shirts. 5 per size can go quickly and I too have missed out on a few because of this.

emptym

Reaction score
Hey B, Great to see you here! I'm back in town, but just till Wed. Hope to pick up my jeans tomorrow so I can take them on my next trip to Maine and other parts back East.

Edit: got them and they're great. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

great site and great clothes..when will you be restocking?

They come out with a small batch of clothes each week. Usually 5 per size. Usually something new each time, but on occasion they do a restock of the more popular items.

herrmj

Reaction score
Stopped by the store a few weeks ago and love the fit on the shirts. Needed to do a return on some denim and TS totally took care of me. Will be back for more.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some great looking stuff. admittedly i've never really looked into you guys, but I'm liking it so far. may have to grab a pair of your denims when i'm in the market for a new pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads