• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Krown

Reaction score
Any sizing experience with the Maritime shirt jacket?

I am 5" 8 and 133 lb, I suppose I have to go for the XS

Krown

Reaction score
I received the Maritime shirt, XS is good. The quality seems solid,

Did you notice any change with made in china stuff in terms of quality?

Lem87

Reaction score
I received the Maritime shirt, XS is good. The quality seems solid,

Did you notice any change with made in china stuff in terms of quality?
The Maritime is not made in china? All of my taylor stitch outerwear is china made so I couldnt tell you. Only thing I dont like so far is the changes they made to the winter sashikos. I got the indigo last year and love the arm and torso wool lining. I think it was a boneheaded move to use acetate in both the restock of the indigo and the new indigo black. The indigo black should have been crowdfunded with two options of sleeve lining instead of going generic with them. I was interested in buying the indigo black longhaul until I found out about the acetate sleeves. Great looking jacket.

Krown

Reaction score
yes, the Maritime shirt is made in China. I meant if there is a difference from the made in China stuff compared to the previous made in USA products

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both US made and China made stuff from TS and haven’t noticed any changes. From what I understand they invested in these factories themselves and make sure quality is high and workers are treated and paid well.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the fisherman's sweater in heather. Beautiful sweater but it piles easily. I have a 10-year-old Lactose merino wool sweater and there is no piling on that. Maybe it is the weave of the length of the fibers? Not sure. Otherwise, I love that sweater.

Samir

Reaction score
Have six Made in the USA Jacks in XS that I've outgrown - was going to send them in for Restitch but it looks like it's temporarily on hold - any idea when it'll reopen? Thanks!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the Fisherman sweaters fit snug or loose? I looked at their measurements, but I'd also like a firsthand experience.

Also, what can I expect of the quality? Above J. Crew/Bonobos, on par with Howlin, below Private White?

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one still wearing TS?

Recently picked up the western shirt in Nihon Mempu japanese selvage at the Valencia store and it was love at first sight. It's a ~8 ounce denim so it's got some body but it doesn't feel like a jacket. The fit is great for me and I'm excited to see how it develops. I previously owned a black raw yoshiwa mills shirt and gave up on it because it was just too stiff for me to wear but this feels a bit more supple.

Picked up some heavy bag shirts and a few stetson collab shirts as well as the indigo seersucker jack and the indigo corduroy one. Also finally picked up a long haul raw selvage trucker to complement my beloved waxed cotton long haul. Haven't been buying any clothes during COVID so this was a bit of a refresh/restock for me.

At this point TS has overtaken RRL by volume in my wardrobe. The only problem is I just started WFH again so my kit is clearly overkill for my uses. In particular wondering how the hell I'm going to beat up some of this stuff so that it actually gets to the promised land. My hardest worn TS items are some ~4 year old chore pants and a few mechanics shirts. The chore pants (which are old duck canvas) have broken in amazing with a ton of wear but the mechanics shirts (in a heavy herringbone fabric) are still as stiff as the day I got them. Everything I own from TS feels like it will survive for decades.

The western shirt:
editorial_mens_instock_western_nihon_menpu_01_2880.progressive.jpg

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Am I the only one still wearing TS?

Recently picked up the western shirt in Nihon Mempu japanese selvage at the Valencia store and it was love at first sight. It's a ~8 ounce denim so it's got some body but it doesn't feel like a jacket. The fit is great for me and I'm excited to see how it develops. I previously owned a black raw yoshiwa mills shirt and gave up on it because it was just too stiff for me to wear but this feels a bit more supple.

Picked up some heavy bag shirts and a few stetson collab shirts as well as the indigo seersucker jack and the indigo corduroy one. Also finally picked up a long haul raw selvage trucker to complement my beloved waxed cotton long haul. Haven't been buying any clothes during COVID so this was a bit of a refresh/restock for me.

At this point TS has overtaken RRL by volume in my wardrobe. The only problem is I just started WFH again so my kit is clearly overkill for my uses. In particular wondering how the hell I'm going to beat up some of this stuff so that it actually gets to the promised land. My hardest worn TS items are some ~4 year old chore pants and a few mechanics shirts. The chore pants (which are old duck canvas) have broken in amazing with a ton of wear but the mechanics shirts (in a heavy herringbone fabric) are still as stiff as the day I got them. Everything I own from TS feels like it will survive for decades.

The western shirt:
editorial_mens_instock_western_nihon_menpu_01_2880.progressive.jpg

We talked about it a bit in the Workwear thread but I do like TS quite a bit. Their duck cloth camp pant is one of my favorites and I have two shirts from them which I like a lot. Their heavy bag henley in particular is a great value compared to other more expensive options.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like TS quite a bit. I have a couple pairs of chinos, some shirts and a pair of jeans. I'm generally very happy with their products.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads