• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

orionz06

Reaction score
I checked with the production team, the overall fit for the Apres is the same. However, we added some ease to the Olive Hemp version. Since the Olive Hemp has no stretch compared to previous Apres fabrications it needed a little more room to maintain comfort.
That's the exact opposite for me. I've got an XL in the blue from the first run and just got an olive in the same size that feels like it's two sizes too small in the midsection and a size too large in the length.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Are the OCBDs still with the tighter forearms or did they go back to the original Jack?

My trio of them from ~2015 got ruined in the cuffs by my cleaners. They are all fraying.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many pages to go through here but who makes your boots? Can anyone speak to the quality of the ranch boot?

Second question, how d I get the 30% email, just sign up to the mailing list?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ranch boot, which I have and love, is made in Mexico. Easily the most comfortable work boot I own. It’s like walking on marshmallows. Runs TTS but if you wear work socks consider sizing up. The leather is thinner than other work boots but fine for most people.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ranch boot, which I have and love, is made in Mexico. Easily the most comfortable work boot I own. It’s like walking on marshmallows. Runs TTS but if you wear work socks consider sizing up. The leather is thinner than other work boots but fine for most people.

Good to know. TTS and will more cordovans be coming out/

Lem87

Reaction score
Okay so I have been reading that the olive herringbone long haul has similar measurements to the indigo sashiko. Is that true or just an assumption based on the sizing trend of the jackets released during a particular season? I am actually asking this question because I want to know
1) if the huckberry exclusive herringbone is the same jacket as the olive, with the exception of being a different color.
2) where I'm at in comparison between the huckberry long haul and the black denim long haul, or if it really is actually just comparable to the thicker lined sashiko. For reference, I wear an xs black long haul, a small indigo sashiko, and a small beach cloth. I prefer my thinner tighter woven jackets closer fitting for a look resembling a fitted heavy flannel. Should I get a small huckberry exclusive taylor stitch long haul or am I out of luck if I want it to fit my shoulders like the sashiko and black selvedge, with huckberry apperantly never having carried an xs as well as the small they do?

Last edited:

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
I used to own the Olive Herringbone Long Haul and it fit very similar to my Beach Cloth long haul. I am an XL if that matters but I owned them both in a 44 and the fit was similar.

mykii2704

Reaction score
I used to own the Olive Herringbone Long Haul and it fit very similar to my Beach Cloth long haul. I am an XL if that matters but I owned them both in a 44 and the fit was similar.

Disappointing, I think the fit is too boxy.

Lem87

Reaction score
20200608_072659.jpg
The beach cloth as it fits me in small. I'm 5"11 170lbs.

Last edited:

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I bought an Explorer in 2018. I like it but the cuffs are ridiculously narrow. I have very narrow wrists - I can circle my wrists with my thumb and little finger, without especially big hands - and the cuffs are tight on me. Does any one know if more recent iterations of this shirt are the same? Ta

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I bought an Explorer in 2018. I like it but the cuffs are ridiculously narrow. I have very narrow wrists - I can circle my wrists with my thumb and little finger, without especially big hands - and the cuffs are tight on me. Does any one know if more recent iterations of this shirt are the same? Ta
The wrists are now wider. We got a lot of feedback with the same sentiment as your post that the wrist were too tight on our shirts so we've since widened them up. If you give them a shot let us know your thoughts!

Lem87

Reaction score
Do the original (previous production indigo)and new lined sashiko longhauls (2020 Fall indigo and indigo black) offered this year fit the same as the original indigo, or have there been changes to them since then?

Last edited:

Ed13

Reaction score
Be careful of sizing with the Boss duck camp pant. I ordered 2 pairs one coal and a dark olive in 33. The coal pair seems true to measurements on the site while the dark olive is not even close. I can get them on but can not even lift my leg while bending my knee to half of regular rotation. Very disappointing as I like the material used.

Would return but in Canada and already got burned with $120 in duties for the order.

Just be careful.

espen

Reaction score
New Lombardi jacket looks cool.
Usually a 40L jacket, think I'm better with a 42 in TS outerwear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads