1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

i thought the fit was spot on!
    it was the buttons that did it in for me, though

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Hey @taylorstitch I'm looking at the Fit Guide links to compare the Workshop Chino in slim and regular and the image is the same for both.

Can you please post the correct ones here? And I'm sure you will want to update the site.

3. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

You don't like the buttons?

4. 1989thenumber

Fuck it, just ordered a 42 as well.

5. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

too "bling" and shiny for me

6. 1989thenumber

Is it easy to change those kind of pop stud buttons? I have no idea.

7. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Have you guys dialed in the sizing in your pants? I loved the first run of camp pants you guys did with Fair Ends, I ordered a pair from the second run in duck canvas that were way too tight. I also ordered chinos (all pants were the same size) that were way too big.

Between shipping/return costs (I'm in Canada) I've had to give TS a pass because $30 shipping when I have to take a chance on sizing doesn't work for me.

Would love to pick up another pair from the current collab release but not without confirmation that the size charts are actually accurate this time...

I love what you guys do but I just can't afford the back and forth that I experienced with sizing.

8. taylorstitch

taylorstitch Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yeah! Let me figure out what the difference is and get back to you ASAP.

Should be the same as last years! We ran some of our oxfords a little longer for wedding season, but the shorter length is the norm across the board and our production going forward is going to adhere to that. Our Portuguese dress shirts are now our go-to for longer dress shirts.

Sorry they came in a little trimmer! I've got one in 38 and it does feel a hair slimmer. I think the fabric has a little less give than the chambray did, and of course snaps don't allow the same 1/8th of an inch or so stretch. Shrinkage I can't speak to-- they've been one-washed, but may still shrink up to a quarter-inch in the length and sleeves. Collar and point-to-point should be good.

I'm very happy with the new chinos. The fabric is fantastic -- I handled it in swatches, but it doesn't compare to the final product. I think we make a pretty compelling argument for best casual chinos for the price now, honestly.[

quote name="stmaier" url="/t/303406/taylor-stitch-official-affiliate-thread/1395#post_7479901"]Will the Maritime shirt come back? Or something similar that adds hand warmer pockets?[/quote]

I don't think we have any iterations of the Maritime in the pipe, but I think there's definitely a demand for something like it.

9. taylorstitch

taylorstitch Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

It's pretty tough-- it takes a particular kind of press that we actually don't have in our shop or in the office. I also think the rivet leaves behind a pretty significant hole -- unlike tack buttons which, even though they're very heavy duty, actually only leave two fairly small pinpricks in the fabric. The pearl snaps are pretty bold. We were considering doing darker snaps, but in my experience dyed snaps are usually a little bit more fragile and tend to fall out of the snap a little bit.

Hey Jon,

Sorry about that! I don't know any pattern changes on the camp pants and as far as I knew the chinos were only dialed in very slightly. I'll double check while I chase down some other sizing info for oboy_oboy. If ever in doubt, don't hesitate to hit me up and I'll take a tape measure to a pair on the spot to make sure you're getting totally accurate info.

10. meso

meso Senior member

Yup, happened too many times for me. Not ordering any more TS until there's accurate measurements for each garment. The kicker was the denim shirts that were sold as usual but had an extra 2" in the sleeves.

11. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Just got that lovely 15% off thank you email.

Wish there a Chambray in my size :(

12. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

1) Awesome display of gratitude in your email today. Bravo

2) My regular fit workshop chinos arrived today. I wish I ordered several pairs. The fit advice from this forum was spot on and the fit is great. Great product, thank-you very much.I hope you keep that pattern. I struggle to find chinos that fit well and the regular fit workshop chinos are as good as I've found yet. Thank-you. Cheers!

13. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

This.

Extremely happy with my chinos. Now I just need something in black, brown, and grey.

14. bigbuttheart

bigbuttheart New Member

Anyone else here order multiple workshop chinos? I've received one pair, but don't even have a shipping number for the other.

Love the quality on the chinos I did receive. Definitely comparable to my chinos from Epaulet and Left Field. The regular fit is great.

15. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

The tan and olive sold out way too quick in my size. They were gone in the slim fit by the time I got home from work. At least I got a good deal on those new socks!