Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

They fit me exactly the same as far as I can tell. No obvious difference in rise. The back pockets on the new ones are a bit lower than the old ones, and the front pockets are a lot deeper.

2. pbsb

pbsb New Member

Thanks, wdahab.

Has anyone experimented with trying to get some shrink out of the new chore pants? If I go up to a 31 and can get some shrinkage those might work.

Also, any info on if the new or old chore pants stretch at all would be helpful.

thanks.

3. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Just visited the Valencia store for the first time to see how the denim fits. It's a cosy place with very nice folks there. Had a warm conversation with Galen (hope that didn't take up too much time). I went out bare-handed, but proceeded straight to ordering some last call jeans online. Good times.

4. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

The price that the jeans are at now are an absolute steal! I purchased a pair a few months back and am very happy with them. I own samurais as well and have been going to the Taylor stitch jeans the most lately, very comfortable.

5. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

This is probably a stupid question, but what does it mean when TS labels something as sea washed or sun bleached? Is it just what they call those colors, or does it refer to a process they use?

6. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I'm curious as to what a "shirt jack" is and how does it differ from a regular shirt?

7. irbe

irbe Senior member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the sale chore pants are pre shurnk and duck canvas has very little stretch. Never bought any TS products, but wondering if the sale chore pants measurements are accurate on the website? I know recall there was some sizing issues with the pants earlier.

8. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

My experience with the chore pants is that they run very slightly on the big side. I'm normally a 32-32.5" waist, TTS, and I wear a 30 in the chore pants. That would, according to their sizing, be a 31.5" and they are snug but fit wonderfully. When I tried on a size 31, they were clearly a bit too big for me. My guess is that despite being listed as "final sale" if you got a pair and they really weren't the measurements they list on the site, they'd probably still take them back. CS trumps all for Taylor Stitch, and I've returned "final sale" items to them before for product deficiencies. You just don't get to change your mind because you don't like the color or style, or whatever.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  9. irbe

irbe Senior member

^Thanks for the quick reply.

10. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

If i wear a medium in most shirts (j crew slim, gustin, american apparel) what size taylor stitch would I be? I'm leaning towards a 40?

11. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

I take a large in J Crew and wear a 40 in TS.IMO 40 would be your best bet to start.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  12. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

I wear a slim medium in J Crew, and wear 40 in TS.

13. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

same

14. rawrz

rawrz Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!
    Now I just need for them to restock the glacier shirt. [​IMG]

15. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Seriously? Email for the summer weight chinos comes out today, I read it after work and my size is already sold out?