• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

pbsb

Reaction score
Hi,

Just received a couple pair of the good acres. These pants are so awesome, but I'm bummed about the rise/crotch area. They are up in my boys too much for my liking. Would be perfect, in my opinion, if they had more allowance in length in that area. I'm in a size 30 after trying a size 31 and 32, and the proper waist, rear, thigh size is the 30 but inseam comes up too high.

Just wanted to give my input in case others feel similarly and the fit might be altered in the future.

Thanks!

edit: I measured the front rise and got a measurement of 9.75" as compared to 10.75" on the sizing chart, so quite a bit shorter there. If it were actually 10.75" I think it would be perfect.

Last edited:

1989thenumber

Reaction score
Thanks for the report. Hmm, the colouring as it appears on the site was part of the appeal ("orive drab", as they say in Tokyo). Well, I guess I'll have to wait until it lands on my doorstep. Will report back when it shows up.

So my green Highland shirt arrived yesterday. In a word, I'm very impressed. Actually, that's two words. Ha.

I don't agree that it's a bright or sea green, it's definitely a military/olive green but the colour is bold because it's new and unwashed. And I'm very happy with it. It's not olive drab. Olive drab would be a washed-out version of this. I'm hoping it will start to achieve that drab/washed-out effect over time.

It seems to be very well made, time will also tell on that front. The sizing is perfect for me. I got a 40 and I'm 183cm and 65kg. It's fitted but not too tight and perfect on the arms (I have long arms). I often find that I have to size up to get long enough arms, which means the body billows, or I size down and the body fits but the arms are too short. None of those problems with this shirt. I'm really looking forward to wearing it and I'm confident I'll be a return customer, not least because of the superb service from Jennilee - she added my first-time 15% discount after I'd already purchased - and the very reasonable postage cost for international shipping.

I wanted to extend a special discount to the readers of our thread. We recently re-launched our Good Acre Vintern's chore pant, our slimmed down version of the classic double knee workers pant. This time around we improved the product by switching the fabric over to a 10.10 oz Army duck. Army duck is woven with tightly spun plied yarns that create a more durable and smooth canvas.

If you are looking for a handsome durable pant, I guarantee nothing out there beats this pant. To prove it, I am offering 25% our Good Acre pants with the code trytobustem

I encourage you all to try and pair and let me know your feedback.

Check 'em out here: http://taylorstitch.com/collections/bottoms

That's a very generous offer, thanks.

goldenbear

Reaction score
And out of curiosity, does any know what model sunglasses the gent with the beard is wearing in the solicitation for the pullover jack, the maritime shirt, and the Italian club collar?

Louys

Reaction score
The fatigue highlands shirt is absolutely perfect. If you are on the fence (and your size is still available) get two.

My only gripe, and this is with TS in general as opposed to just this shirt, is that the shirts could be just an inch or even half an inch longer. In my experience TS shirts don't stay tucked in. I think even a modicum of length could help increase the versatility of each shirt while not ruining TS already successful attempt to make shirts that look good un-tucked.

goldenbear

Reaction score
I like the shirt length where it is. The 40 fits me perfect. But I dont tuck in shirts so the length is right where it should be.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
I like the shirt length where it is. The 40 fits me perfect. But I dont tuck in shirts so the length is right where it should be.
i actually feel like they could be a touch shorter!

now we've got it all covered

Louys

Reaction score
We'll boys, it looks like we've got ourselves a Mexican stand off...

ohyoumad

Reaction score
Really wanted the Star Jack shirt and maybe the Chambray, but all sold out. Wow. Today's shirts were sold out before I even got the email.

Thought about trying the pants, but the comments above about the rise worry me, and it doesn't look like that 25% off code works any longer.

nullspace

Reaction score
fairends collab shirts in 36 sold out already!?
The Fair Ends collab has run small for a couple of iterations. My guess is that a size 36 was never created (it wasn't available even yesterday evening when the shirts dropped), and they simply labeled everything up a size (e.g. 36 -> 38, 38 -> 40, ...). That would also explain why there is a size in their glacier shirts that's larger than anything offered in their other shirts.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
The Fair Ends collab has run small for a couple of iterations. My guess is that a size 36 was never created (it wasn't available even yesterday evening when the shirts dropped), and they simply labeled everything up a size (e.g. 36 -> 38, 38 -> 40, ...). That would also explain why there is a size in their glacier shirts that's larger than anything offered in their other shirts.
wish i had known that this am when the 38s were still in stock!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really wanted the Star Jack shirt and maybe the Chambray, but all sold out. Wow. Today's shirts were sold out before I even got the email.

I know things are popular, and also that some sizes go faster than others, but having sizes sold out before the email even arrives in my inbox is quintessential bad marketing. It just makes me pissed off. Though, in this case, I didn't really want a shirt, but it's happened w/ other drops.

There has to be a way to update the site later (earlier in the morning) to avoid this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads