Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

Your comments on the sizing are interesting. I just ordered the Highland in 40 - hopefully it'll fit OK. Will report back when it arrives.

To concur with some other commenters in this thread - great customer service so far from Jennilee. I've no doubt it'll be a breeze to exchange if it doesn't fit.

2. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Ah I forgot to follow up on that. I did get a chance to drop by the shop when I was up in Norcal last week. It has a very unimposing storefront that you can easily miss from the street. Inside is a pretty good selection, plus some interesting display items like their watch straps and some deconstructed shoe components. You can see a couple sewing machines in the back, and I suspect that there are more not immediately visible from the main shop. There are a couple of dressing rooms, although I didn't use them. The staff is friendly and seems happy.

I picked up the sage colored Highlands shirt I had ordered online and tried it on. Usually I am a size small, but I got an extra small because they listed it as a size 36, which is my size. The color is pretty different from what's on the website. It looks like more of a drab green in the photos, but in person it's a brighter green, almost a sea green. I was actually looking for a shirt like this, so I'm pretty happy with how the color turned out. The material is unusually thick, and the construction seems sturdy. The fit is just right on me for a normal shirt, but apparently this shirt was intended to be worn a little looser, hence the sizing. I prefer the slimmer fit I got from sizing down, which works perfectly since the shirt length isn't too short. So in my experience you can trust their chest size if you want a fairly slim fit. If you want a baggier fit, you might want to get the qualitative size you usually get.

Overall I'm impressed with the product and company, and can see more of their products making it into my wardrobe in the future.

3. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

Thanks for the report. Hmm, the colouring as it appears on the site was part of the appeal ("orive drab", as they say in Tokyo). Well, I guess I'll have to wait until it lands on my doorstep. Will report back when it shows up.

4. taylorstitch

taylorstitch Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The chest of a shirt will measure +4" for a trim +5" for a moderate/trim shirt and +6" for a traditional fit.

5. taylorstitch

I wanted to extend a special discount to the readers of our thread. We recently re-launched our Good Acre Vintern's chore pant, our slimmed down version of the classic double knee workers pant. This time around we improved the product by switching the fabric over to a 10.10 oz Army duck. Army duck is woven with tightly spun plied yarns that create a more durable and smooth canvas.

If you are looking for a handsome durable pant, I guarantee nothing out there beats this pant. To prove it, I am offering 25% our Good Acre pants with the code trytobustem

I encourage you all to try and pair and let me know your feedback.

Check 'em out here: http://taylorstitch.com/collections/bottoms

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@taylorstitch I thought you would like to know that I placed an order on 4/11and got confirmation and tracking number that day. However it looks like it did not ship until 4/16...Seems weird to me that it sat that long so thought you might want to look into it

7. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Wearing a pair of the old style Good Acres right now. My only feedback is that the inseam is far too long, even as a generous inseam and that with the double felled inseam and outseam, cuffing is a bit tough. Otherwise, awesome pants, I love mine. On the fence about getting a pair in rhubarb, but probably shouldn't I did anyway.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014

8. taylorstitch

@rydenfan - what was your order number? I will look into it ASAP

9. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

This probably sounds odd, but are the panels on the Good-Acres pants removable with a seem ripper? The work pant style doesn't really fit into my wardrobe, but I like the shape/colors/pockets on the pants.

10. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Unremovable. They are sewn into the double felled seams, so while you could remove the top layer, you'd have to cut them off at the edges and they'd definitely ruin both the in and outseams. That said, I love the double layer on the knees. They really fit the bill for casual non-jeans that I don't care about getting dirty or muddy. And with dogs I constantly have dogs getting mud and stuff everywhere.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

thanks! 19536

12. taylorstitch

The panels are not removable, they are folded into the side seam.

13. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

I received a pair where one side had the panel and the other did not...

The material seems different than the first generation runs. Seems like the old ones had more texture. I would also say that the front panels run too long

14. wyoming1

wyoming1 New Member

@taylorstitch Generous offer with the Good Acre's. How does the sizing compare to TS denim? A 34" Brenham fits perfect for me. Should I size up to the 35" to anticipate less stretch in the canvas?

15. karuto

karuto New Member

@taylorstitch Will you guys ever restock size 28 for the Good Acre's and 36 for the dark star jacks shirt?