• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm generally an xs, probably around a 36" chest, but why does the shirt measure 40" in the chest for an xs? someone halp.

Halp how? Why don't you halp yoursalf and try one on. If you buy one and need to size up or down you can always exchange.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't get the sizing chart...is that in inches? measurements seem huge.

As someone mentioned earlier the measurements are deceiving. These are slim fitting shirts with a tapered cut. Your best bet is to buy one marked in your chest size.

They also offer free returns and exchanges so you can always just try one to see if it works.

Last edited:

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the 36 measures 39.5" in the chest. it would be a spot on fit for you. I'd be willing to be it fits you better than a gitman xs. as always, free shipping nd free returns.

nathanl

Reaction score
the 36 measures 39.5" in the chest. it would be a spot on fit for you. I'd be willing to be it fits you better than a gitman xs. as always, free shipping nd free returns.

I can guarantee it - I have both a TS 36 and a GV Small - TS very well and much better than the GV.

nathanl

Reaction score
I'm pretty concerned when I read "high armhole" plus no shoulder measurement.

The 36 chest measurement looks ok for me for a slim fit while the 38 looks big. I'm a S in Gitman for comparison. But, with the high armhole, it's pretty hard to judge without trying.

You're definitely a 36 and it'll fit great. I'm a S in Gitman too and the TS fits way better and the high armhole is great (just nice slim arms).

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Med BD in wvg, M in epaulet, S in jcrew... 38-39" chest = 38/40 in taylor stitch?

nathanl

Reaction score
Med BD in wvg, M in epaulet, S in jcrew... 38-39" chest = 38/40 in taylor stitch?

38. Based on the measurements, the TS 38 is just a touch larger in the chest than the Epaulet M (the 40 would be significantly larger than an Epaulet M). The TS sleeves are shorter and neck smaller than the equivalent Epaulet, though.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabrics, fit and price point look great, will definitely be giving one a try. Have to keep an eye on the site for updates. The denim looks cool too.

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
You're definitely a 36 and it'll fit great. I'm a S in Gitman too and the TS fits way better and the high armhole is great (just nice slim arms).
Thanks Nathanl for the confidence. It'll be expensive for me to return as I'm not staying in the US. Thus, I must try to get it right at the first go.

herrmj

Reaction score
Tough to hunt around on the site and find what is left in my size. Can I search by size (give me every in stock 40), or another option I like is epaulet's approach - hover over the product image to see sizes available.

jimney

Reaction score
Tough to hunt around on the site and find what is left in my size. Can I search by size (give me every in stock 40), or another option I like is epaulet's approach - hover over the product image to see sizes available.

I agree - a search by size would be nice.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received a midnight chambray shirt yesterday. I can confirm that the materal is say-holy-****-this-material-is-nice-outloud nice. (And I got a grey chambray shirt a couple months ago.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads