• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

NorthCoast

Reaction score
@taylorstitch

heavy bag long sleeve in other colors would be fantastic.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for a nice, thick, overshirt. the ts maritime shirt seems to fit that bill. any thoughts? it's a lot of poly - i generally stick to things with 20% or less poly, but it looks very appealing (and warm at 15oz).

let me know!

NorthCoast

Reaction score
@taylorstitch

How about some more shirts in this hemp fabric that you made the Point shirt with.

This Army Hemp is a fantastic fabric.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the Golden Bear moto? Thoughts on it? I had a GB jacket many years ago and was only mildly impressed by the quality of the leather (was during the oversized 90s, so can't fault them for the blousy cut). The moto looks reasonably slim, although I may be between an S and an M (39" chest, 5'11, 165 lbs). Have asked TS for sizing advice. I feel like $875 pre-sale is the outer limit I'd pay for Golden Bear, and yet the next step for a similar jacket is around 1200+ once you get into Aero or some of the repro brands. The whiskey color looks pretty good, not sold on navy.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does fit slim. I'm 5'11 175ish and I got a Large which is snug but not uncomfortable. Don't forget you can stack a first time buyer 20% coupon on the pre-order price.. I actually like the midnight, but that option wasn't available when I bought mine, so I went with Whiskey.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does fit slim. I'm 5'11 175ish and I got a Large which is snug but not uncomfortable. Don't forget you can stack a first time buyer 20% coupon on the pre-order price.. I actually like the midnight, but that option wasn't available when I bought mine, so I went with Whiskey.

Thanks! I ordered a medium whisky, and did indeed stack that 20% code -- so $750 including shipping to Europe.

walkinginplace

Reaction score
I know it's a longshot, but can anyone comment on belt sizing? I'm a 31 in the slim chinos, which are slightly loose on me, so I'm thinking of going with a 32 in the belt.

mimil9

Reaction score
Hi

TS sizing chart for shirts leaves me with questions.
For instance M size Gustin shirts are perfect for me but when I check on their sizing chart, the dimension are the same as S Size for TS.

Any advises ?

BDKA

Reaction score
Hi

TS sizing chart for shirts leaves me with questions.
For instance M size Gustin shirts are perfect for me but when I check on their sizing chart, the dimension are the same as S Size for TS.

Any advises ?

I own several Small Gustin shirts & t-shirts, and am a Small in (virtually) every Taylor Stitch shirt/jacket I own, which is upwards of 30 or so items at this point. There have been a few exceptions; I sent back the speckled wool jack shirt (Small/38) I bought via the workshop as it was a good size too large for me, but I own 6 or 7 other ‘Jacks’ and all fit beautifully (by which I mean slim without being too snug). The two Small shirts from Gustin I own are notably more figure-hugging, tailored closer to the body for a more athletic look. Thankfully I’m in fairly good shape so it works on me but others with a bit more poundage might not appreaviate that. Though having said that I believe Gustin now offer two fits in their shirts; kind of like Taylor Stitch’s Democratic & Slim fit in their pants. Anyway, my experience is that the size I’d choose from each brand is identical, but individual garments may on occasion buck this trend. Hope that helps.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I just received the Maritime shirt which I had pre-ordered. It's pretty big on me in a way that the Crater, Mechanic and Utility shirts are not (they fit me nicely). The upper sleeves are very baggy, and there is a lot of loose fabric in the back. I am going to send it back, which will result in a credit which I'll need to spend. (Poor me). What is the fit of the Yosemite, Leeward and California shirts compared to the Maritime and/or Utility/Mechanic/Crater?

BDKA

Reaction score
I just received the Maritime shirt which I had pre-ordered. It's pretty big on me in a way that the Crater, Mechanic and Utility shirts are not (they fit me nicely). The upper sleeves are very baggy, and there is a lot of loose fabric in the back. I am going to send it back, which will result in a credit which I'll need to spend. (Poor me). What is the fit of the Yosemite, Leeward and California shirts compared to the Maritime and/or Utility/Mechanic/Crater?

The Maritime Shirt is supposed to be an overshirt, so deliberately oversized rather than having a standard TS shirt fit. I have three now, the Green from last season and two from 2017, and I was very disappointed in the large fit too to begin with; especially the length of the arms. I even tried shrinking mine, but then began to find they work beautifully as a third layer over a t-shirt & flannel shirt (eg the fabulous Yosemite). So yes the crater & Yosemite (I have two of those) fit more like a regular fitted shirt (not too fitted of course as both are meant to be outdoorsy). The mechanic is slightly more flitted (Again, I have two). The Leeward I’m unsure about, but would guess it’s an overshirt rather than shirt fit.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
The Maritime Shirt is supposed to be an overshirt, so deliberately oversized rather than having a standard TS shirt fit. I have three now, the Green from last season and two from 2017, and I was very disappointed in the large fit too to begin with; especially the length of the arms. I even tried shrinking mine, but then began to find they work beautifully as a third layer over a t-shirt & flannel shirt (eg the fabulous Yosemite). So yes the crater & Yosemite (I have two of those) fit more like a regular fitted shirt (not too fitted of course as both are meant to be outdoorsy). The mechanic is slightly more flitted (Again, I have two). The Leeward I’m unsure about, but would guess it’s an overshirt rather than shirt fit.
Thanks a lot, very helpful.

jmy

Reaction score
Any owners of an XS Seca looking to trade it? I have a Seca in Small but would love a smaller fit - could be a match for someone w/ the opposite issue. I'd also be willing to trade a Whiskey Moto in Small, but only for a Seca XS (or Monterey Bomber if someone has one of those).

pima1234

Reaction score
New Telegraph Suits made in India. Your thoughts? (Or is this already old news? And if so, how the quality?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads