1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Klemins

Klemins Distinguished Member

Any idea when the small arms thing happened, and if it's most shirts? I haven't bought a shirt from TS in awhile. I actually have to size up a lot since I'm between sizes, so this may be good for me.

2. slude

slude Well-Known Member

I have ~10 of their shirts, and only recently has this occurred. It's not just the china shift -- I have at least one MiC shirt that is fine.

3. BDKA

BDKA Active Member

I’ve actually just had the opposite happen with the newly-released ‘Jack in Navy Donegal’, which looks beautiful but is an entire size larger than every one of the dozen TS I already own. I’m a Small/38 in every TS shirt or top, and this was way too long & big in the arms & v loose on the body. Mine might have been a mislabeled 40/Medium, but idk. Otherwise I’ve honestly had no sizing or quality issues on any items made outside of the US.

4. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

Same issue here with a 42 in the Navy Donegal and the Navy Dot Jacquad. Sleeve length slightly longer but forearm definitely much narrower than any other TS or Civic shirt I own.

5. pima1234

pima1234 Senior Member

There's no way I'll be able to squeeze my arms into my new Jacks if they shrink at all or my arms bulk up at all. It's ridiculous. I hate to say it, but I think I'm finally officially done. Same with Gustin's new shirt sizing. It just doesn't work for me. No refunds makes purchasing risky.

6. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

I have the olive jacquad coming this week. Will compare to my other dozen TS shirts.

7. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

I received this shirt today and it fits the same as all my others.

8. RUFiO795

RUFiO795 Member

PSA for the new Long Haul Indigo Waffle: it’s awesome, and the fit is 100% different than previous iterations. Specifically, I have a Long Haul in size Medium-40 from a few years ago and it’s so short that I barely ever wear it, although the sleeves fit fine. I ordered this new Long Haul in a Medium as well (I wear a Small in everything else from TS), and it was humongous, so I sent it back for a Small-38, and it fits perfectly. Sleeve length is great, and the length of the jacket itself is at least 1.5-2 inches longer than the previous Long Haul version. Way more wearable for my tastes.

The more you know.

9. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior Member

Can anyone comment on Jack shirt sizing? I'm 5'-8", 145 lbs. I'm usually a shmedium and that makes buying shirts difficult. I can do either small or medium in Epaulet. (small's tend to be pretty tight and chest pulls a bit...mediums start out a little looser than I'd prefer but typically shrink down just enough)

I'm interested in the Donegal Jack shirt. I have a red plaid Moto shirt from Taylor Stitch from a few years back in size small (38) that is a touch looser than I'd prefer but for some reason I think I remember reading that shirt was purposely cut a little bigger. Any help is appreciated!

10. rnguy001

rnguy001 Distinguished Member

I'm 5'11" 175 and wear a 40 in all Jacks. Depending not the fabrics, some fit better than others. Their merino Jack's have a bit of stretch and give, while some of their heavier cloths were a bit too fitted for me..

11. BDKA

BDKA Active Member

I had to return my Small/38 Navy Donegal Jack, which I purchased via the Workshop, as it was a good size larger than every other TS shirts I have. With only a few exceptions Small is consistently my size in TS tops (i’m 6’ tall, 38” chest, slim but not skinny by any stretch of the imagination). It fit more like the Maritime Shirts from last year, which were oversized in me, whereas all other TS shirts I own are a perfect, bespoke-looking cut on me; slim without hugging the figure. I would still like a Navy Donegal Jack, but I intend to contact TS for exact measurements of the XS & S and to ask why the sizing, at least on the one I received, was inconsistent with every other shirt I’ve bought from them.

12. Neurochemist

Neurochemist Member

My son is actually similar measurements as you (5'9", 147lbs). He wears a size 36 in J.Crew suits and purchased the TS Oxford Jacks in size 36 as well. They were very tight, uncomfortably tight. He might have been able to get away with wearing it had he not worn a proper undershirt, but it was very tight on him otherwise. He could barely stretch. The size 38 fit him much better, though since he's been lifting weights, it kind of looks disproportionate on him. I would honestly start with the 38. Also check ebay as you might be able to find a good deal without diving in too wallet deep.

13. HCapLonghorn

HCapLonghorn Member

On tightness - my Jack - Indigo Stripe seemed much tighter than my collection of regular OBDC Jacks. I returned it.

Just got a grey jacquard one and it feels a bit tighter, but ok. i think the fabric is more the different feel than the cut.

14. HCapLonghorn

HCapLonghorn Member

As a quick update, yes the grey jacquard is tighter in the forearm. The rest feels similar.

15. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior Member

@taylorstitch

heavy bag long sleeve in other colors would be fantastic.