• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

thewandererhere

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy one of the Jack oxfords, but can't decide on which size is for me since I find TS's size charts to be very odd (size 42-L is a 46" chest?).

I wear a 42 in their Cone Mills denim jacket and it fits me very well. I have a 40 in the Maritime shirt jacket and it fits me well too, but slightly more tight in the biceps as well as the chest. Just wondering if any of you wear a similar size in either and can tell me what you wear in the Jack if so.

General measurements are 200 pounds, broad lifter build, 41.5" chest. If it helps, a M in Gitman Brothers Vintage oxfords fit me great OTR.

Much obliged for any help you can offer.

BDKA

Reaction score
Shameless plug... I have some TS items in 38-Small in the BUY & SELL section.
Out of interest, why are you sellling the Whisky Moto Jacket? How did it fit compared to other Taylor Stitch items you own? I’m looking to get a black one later this year.

BDKA

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy one of the Jack oxfords, but can't decide on which size is for me since I find TS's size charts to be very odd (size 42-L is a 46" chest?).

I wear a 42 in their Cone Mills denim jacket and it fits me very well. I have a 40 in the Maritime shirt jacket and it fits me well too, but slightly more tight in the biceps as well as the chest. Just wondering if any of you wear a similar size in either and can tell me what you wear in the Jack if so.

General measurements are 200 pounds, broad lifter build, 41.5" chest. If it helps, a M in Gitman Brothers Vintage oxfords fit me great OTR.

Much obliged for any help you can offer.

Hey, this might not be helpful at all, but I have several of the Jack shirts & I take the same size in the Gitman Vintage shirts I own. All of these fit nicely, slim but not tight. I’m a small (38) in those, but for comparison, the small (38) 68’ Cone Mills denim jacket was way too snug on me, and the bottom two buttons wouldn’t close, so I sent it back. The three Maritime shirts I own fall into two categories; the newer ones (Natural basketweave & Charcol, both Small) are pretty baggy on me; as in i can comfortably fit a t-**** and a thicker flannel shirt underneath, whereas the older flecked navy Maritime shirt (also Small) is very fitted, and I almost never button the cuffs. The sizing difference between the newer ones & old one is insane.

whatjones

Reaction score
Out of interest, why are you sellling the Whisky Moto Jacket? How did it fit compared to other Taylor Stitch items you own? I’m looking to get a black one later this year.

I'm selling it because I've put on a few extra pounds. I'm not a small in TS anymore.

As for the moto jacket, for the same size, it fits more snug than the rover jacket thats for sure. The project jacket also fits snug compared to the rover. The moto jacket is meant to be more slimming and hugs the body, but of course if you prefer a more relaxed fit/look and plan to layer underneath, I would recommend sizing up from your normal TS size. The moto jacket will also stretch a tad as you wear it in. If you are using TS measurement chart, keep in mind they measure the outside dimensions, meaning that if the jacket is insulated like the moto jacket is, interior volume a lot less thus fits more snug. The area with fit issue for me was the shoulders more so than the chest area as I have wide shoulders . If I remember correctly, the moto jacket is half an inch smaller in the shoulder area than their shirts.

Last edited:

thewandererhere

Reaction score
Hey, this might not be helpful at all, but I have several of the Jack shirts & I take the same size in the Gitman Vintage shirts I own. All of these fit nicely, slim but not tight. I’m a small (38) in those, but for comparison, the small (38) 68’ Cone Mills denim jacket was way too snug on me, and the bottom two buttons wouldn’t close, so I sent it back. The three Maritime shirts I own fall into two categories; the newer ones (Natural basketweave & Charcol, both Small) are pretty baggy on me; as in i can comfortably fit a t-**** and a thicker flannel shirt underneath, whereas the older flecked navy Maritime shirt (also Small) is very fitted, and I almost never button the cuffs. The sizing difference between the newer ones & old one is insane.

Thanks for your help. Would you suggest I take Taylor Stitch's measurement chart to be accurate then? According to them a Medium-40 equals a 44 inch chest. Does a Small-38 have a 42 inch chest?

wclary

Reaction score
Can any fortunate soul who happened to get one of the Mendocino Peacoats give us all a bit of advice about the sizing/fit. I tend to fluctuate between 36 and 38 with how TS sizes things and would like to get a ballpark of which might be my best option. Thanks!

cantfade_me

Reaction score
Anyone received a shipping notification or actually received their moto jacket second round of shipments that range from 02/10 to 03/02?

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In case you haven't heard, we've chosen to press pause on our women's line so we can get all our ducks in a row and hire a team exclusive to the women's business! In the event, everything is marked down up to 70% off. Simply use the code ITSNOTGOODBYE to snag an additional 25% off already-reduced women's items. It won't get any better than this.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with TS suits? I thought about getting in on the crowd funded Telegraph jacket and trousers in BK but am not sure of the investment.

Any opinions or direction would be appreciated.

I like all of mine (I've got a few at this point including some older ones from before they changed the trousers to be built like traditional suit pants). Sleeve length is good for me at 26"; I normally have issues with the shirts being too short. I'm normally the top-end of a 40M shirt (yosemite, jack, etc) and the jacket is slim on me. 34M Trousers are generally well fitted (I have bigger thighs and runner-calves), but the calf is on the tighter side. I personally planned on picking up the BK set as well just to have another warm-weather suit.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Join us this Friday 3/9/2018 at 1:00pm PST for a Reddit AMA (r/IAmA) with Taylor Stitch Co-Founder and CEO Michael Maher, Lead Designer Nicholas Kemp, and Head of Product Jenna Hansen. We've always been straight shooters and want to give all of you an opportunity get the inside scoop into the workings of our little company. We're making some changes, and we're sure you have some questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads