1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BDKA

BDKA Member

Also, I should note, that I received ‘The Lomg Haul in Cone Mills Selvedge ‘68’ denim jacket, and it fit horribly. I’m pretty slim, and TS size small is usually perfect for me, ie never too tight, but this thing was just weird; it fit nicely in the shoulders and chest, was short in the arms, and simply wouldn’t close around the bottom few buttons it was so tight. It was like the lower torso tapered quite severely towards the bottom; and from pit to pit there was a few inches of excess fabric. I was truly shocked, and I’ve already instigated a return. Damn.

2. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Distinguished Member

Yeah the sizing is a bit tough to figure out if you are on the margins, in part because the fits are trim. I'm a 39" chest and although S fits me perfectly in a few of the shirts I have, I've had to exchange quite a few for M's. I can't really complain about the fit because it's not bespoke and the Ms are not overly generous but I do appreciate the trimmer fit of the S when it works for me. My biggest concern with the S's that I don't have any room for shrink which I would normally expect to happen after a few washes. On the other hand, a lot of these fabrics are so heavy (7-9 oz) that perhaps they will react differently. Only time will tell and I will stick to cold wash and hang dry for the S's I have.

The one consistency I've had across all items (as others have noted) is that the cuffs are sized crazy small. I don't know how anyone with 7.5" wrists or larger would be able to button them.

I'm still quite new to the brand having bought my first pieces just this fall but loving what I have and it's joined RRL as an prominent staple in my wardrobe.

3. gv7123456

gv7123456 Member

Sounds like I’m in the minority, but I hope they don’t change the cuff width, at least not on anything that’s a work shirt (utility, mechanic, etc). I don’t always roll up my sleeves, but when I do the sleeve taper and skinny cuff is perfect for a tight, clean roll that stays out of the way.

4. Klemins

Klemins Distinguished Member

Agreed, i prefer the smaller cuffs. I don't wear watches tho

5. IChen

IChen Senior Member

Damn I love the Explorer Shirts. Comfy and warm. Have it in chocolate. Thinking of getting that Maritime shirt jacket in natural...damn my wallet hurts.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018

6. BDKA

BDKA Member

Mine too! I have The Explorer Shirt in Chocolate too and I pounced on the Maritime in ‘Natural’ in the end of year sale. I love the Explorer, but in this current weather in upstate NY I’m reaching for the Maritime every time as my go-to overshirt; it’s satisfyingly warm, comfortable & thicker than the Explorer without being bulky, it’s still a smart-looking, nice-fitting shirt-jacket. Sorry wallet!