• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Same here.....

I hate to say this but I am quite bummed with the summer stuff, not about the manufacturing location but they feel too ordinary and I feel like looking at the Uniqlo catalog..

Yep, the last two surveys I liked one thing, that green button down shirt.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, how much do chore pants stretch? I know they won't stretch like denim, but should I expect them to relax at all?

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
So, how much do chore pants stretch? I know they won't stretch like denim, but should I expect them to relax at all?

I've been wearing their camp pants and chore pants for hiking/camping and yard work and I can't say I've noticed any stretch at all.

whiskeytown

Reaction score
I think the biggest gripe with China, for a lot of people, has more to do with the price of the goods than anything. I'm all for transparency, and don't mind if they move their production. But when you've built your company on a premise of "premium, made in the USA goods and clothing" and then subtly start shifting everything to China while charging the same prices it's going to make those people rethink their spending. And if that's what they want to do, that's fine, I want TS to be successful. To me, it seems that had customers not voiced their questions about it then TS would have never come out and explained the change and their reasoning.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am just hoping for some stretch in the seat. I ordered two sizes and the larger size is slightly loose in the waist but pretty good everywhere else. The smaller size is tight in the seat and good everywhere else.

I’m so used to denim getting too big (as has already happened with my moto jeans even though the dyneema is supposed to inhibit stretch) that I no longer can conceive of cotton pants that don’t stretch with wear!

kjart

Reaction score
Previously the shipping options for a single shirt was roughly $35USD for standard and $60 for express (to Ontario). I go to place my order now and there's only one option - DHL Express for $85USD. Yes, $85 to ship a single shirt. The shipping is almost as much as the shirt. WTF is going on with this company? I was also disappointed to see so many items now being made overseas but was still excited about some of their Made in USA products. Looks like I'm done with them if they consider those shipping prices reasonable.

Yeah, their site quoted me 100USD in shipping on one of the pre-production Ojai jackets (cost of jacket is 150USD...). I asked customer service about it and got this:

So very sorry! Taylor Stitch (unlike other big brands) doesn’t ship a huge amount overseas. Therefore, we don’t get very competitive rates (we have to meet a minimum). So, the rates we offer are based on package weight and transit distance.
Certainly, wish I could help!

What a bunch of BS. Ever since the move from flat rate shipping I've stopped buying from them, but have kept an eye on things since they said it would get better. At this point I don't see any reason to continue even on that level.

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
Rocked both my grey Big Sur shirt jacket (made in USA) and a "forest stripe" mercerized merino henley (made in Turkey) today on a chilly and damp day in suburban DC. Also just got my pre-order in for the "California" brown hemp chambray (made in Portugal) and my girlfriend just received a pair of the Adler jeans (made in USA). Thinking about jumping on their White Oak stuff now too... I'm still staying away from the Chinese-made products but I've had some great luck with the rest of them, especially on sale.

Reaction score
Yeah, their site quoted me 100USD in shipping on one of the pre-production Ojai jackets (cost of jacket is 150USD...). I asked customer service about it and got this:

What a bunch of BS. Ever since the move from flat rate shipping I've stopped buying from them, but have kept an eye on things since they said it would get better. At this point I don't see any reason to continue even on that level.

Yup, it's a joke honestly. I got a similar explanation. They said since they don't do many overseas shipments, they don't have many options for affordable shipping and had to go with DHL. Why? Because previously the shipping costs were low but international (overseas) customers complained that their packages would take a few weeks to arrive. Well, I'm sure those customers will be happy to know they can get their packages in a few days now ... for 3-4x the price.

And the fact that they switched everything over to DHL's single service, including Canada, is just awful. It's completely unjustifiable to even offer shipping to Canada if your only option is a $100 express service. They might as well just stop shipping outside of the US if that's their approach.

I'm disappointed because I like some of their offerings. I only made one order before the shipping got jacked up. Ironically my first order came with some CQ issues. I posted about it in this thread and a TS rep contacted me to work it out. He asked if I wanted to exchange it, but I told him I couldn't because shipping it there and back would be as much as I paid for the item. So instead of gave me a $50 gift card. Great customer service. Except I hadn't used the card yet (just tried to when I made my last post) and now it's just wasted. Ended up selling the card and obviously won't be buying TS anymore. The worst part is when I told the rep about shipping costs to Canada he specifically said he understood that concern and that TS was looking for ways to make shipping to Canada (specifically) more affordable.

Guess they did a 180 on that one and just gave us the finger instead. Oh well I suppose.

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
@kjart and @mooseontheloose: I know it's not the same thing as Taylor Stitch, but I hope you guys have checked out Sitka. I went into their shop in Victoria last year and they're such a great group of people. The sweatshirt I got from them is a) made in Canada and b) bulletproof. It looks like they're expanding their offerings more these days, but they still sell a bunch of third party stuff (Topo Designs especially) and are nowhere near the variety of Taylor Stich, but their own pieces are Canadian-made. Muttonhead is another Canadian-made brand with a similar vibe that I love, if you've not seen them either. I really don't know how much of a following either of those brands has.

JDelage

Reaction score
All - Taylor Stitch produced a small number of utility shirts in some flavor of indigo herringbone deadstock fabric last Summer. It sold out pretty fast. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm looking for some pics of the fabric. Thank you!

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Style Giants: our big annual sale kicks off tomorrow, but we want YOU to get a leg-up on the rest. Use EARLYBIRDGETSTHEFIT for 20% off your entire purchase, today only. You know the drill--styles and sizes are limited, so get yours before it's too late!!!

orionz06

Reaction score
Style Giants: our big annual sale kicks off tomorrow, but we want YOU to get a leg-up on the rest. Use EARLYBIRDGETSTHEFIT for 20% off your entire purchase, today only. You know the drill--styles and sizes are limited, so get yours before it's too late!!!
Waiting on my exchange from the last discount offered....

Hard to buy more when sizing isn't super consistent and it takes a month to travel from one side of the country to the other...

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
Waiting on my exchange from the last discount offered....

Hard to buy more when sizing isn't super consistent and it takes a month to travel from one side of the country to the other...

Just had a similar experience with a Utility Shirt that fit completely differently in one fabric from another I already had then the exchange took weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads