Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Well-Known Member

I just received the Western shirt in Washed Indigo in size 44/XL. The shirt is very nice but the measurements are much smaller than listed. I bought my normal size in spite of the size chart on the shirt's page that said a size 44 has a 48" chest. My shirt measures 44.5" across the chest which is almost a medium on the chart and 3.5" smaller than the 44/XL shows.

Anyone who isn't intimately familiar with their TS sizing would be totally screwed by using the sizing guide. We have been apologized to by many different people over the last year or two but the same problems persist. Very disappointing.

2. Typographer

Typographer New Member

3. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior Member

Sad to hear. I was contemplating using the sale coupon to pickup another shirt. The recent pieces have been pretty spot on size for me.

4. YabosMcGee

YabosMcGee New Member

Oh man, thanks to both of you for the info. I was thinking of grabbing a shirt during their sale, but have been scratching my head at their sizing charts every time I go to their site. I bought one TS shirt on eBay that's a size 38, because the seller put the actual measurements in the post. I normally wear a medium in most brands, with an actual chest size of about 40"- 41". It baffled me that their size S - 38 came out to about 21" across (42" around).

I even went through some more TS auctions on eBay from the same seller, so as to make sure the measurement process was the same. Even then, the exact same tagged size TS shirt varied in the chest size, e.g. a TS size 38 button-down shirt could be anywhere between 40"- 43" around, according to one seller. You know you've got consistency problems if there's a variance of almost 3" in chest size for the same tagged size.

Btw, I did a search through the forum, but maybe I missed it. A couple things I noticed. My one TS shirt is a mini-gingham, which I have hanging next to my Gustin mini-gingham. I noticed that the construction is very similar. Especially with little nuances in the stitching. Does Gustin and Taylor Stitch use the same factory? And, do people find the "unbreakable urea buttons" to be....uh...not that? The one TS shirt I got on eBay came with a button that was broken in half.

5. stevefok

stevefok Senior Member

TS shirt size S-38 is actually like M in most brand and they actually stated 42" around chest in their own website so I think there's no problem.

In fact, for the shirt chest size, I think 0.5-1" around error is acceptable considering the shirt is made by hand and other factors like shrinkage & fabric weight.

I didn't have the feeling that the shirt of TS and Gustin are made by the same factory, I like my TS shirt so much more and I hate the fitting of gustin shirts. I have 2 shirts with urea buttons and I haven't encountered any problem so far but I do think the buttonhole of the US made TS shirt not very durable.

6. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

7. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior Member

@summersteve - back when it was teased, the Seca Jacket had a mouton/sheepskin collar - it looks like that went away in the end...why? it was awesome!

8. summersteve

summersteve Active Member

Hi @th3buhbuh !

Sadly, the sheepskin collar got nixed. What you see on the site is exactly as the jacket would show up to your doorstep.
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to add it additionally either.

Let me know if any other questions come up!

9. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior Member

That's unfortunate, but ah well. How is the sizing? I remember the Moto being (intentionally) tight for a lot of people. Also I have monkey arms that are hit or miss with TS' outerwear.

10. Caligula77

Caligula77 Senior Member

Made in China Yosemite shirt? Did I read the description correctly?

11. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Well-Known Member

Yep. Too bad. Not interested.

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Unfortunately, same thing happened to me. Order this shirt in a size S, and it is so short it cannot be tucked, and when I sit down, well, you all have had shirts that were too small. Disappointed to say the least. That said, the thing is very well made/styled..

13. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior Member

At least it's not as expensive now... Oh, wait...

14. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior Member

The reply to the comments before was that they looked into the shop in China and they are well treated and do a better job. I still feel off about it since TS was always big on MIUSA/traditional mills or factories. In the end it is always about transparency for me.

15. whiskeytown

whiskeytown Member

I'm just not going to pay MiUSA prices for a chinese product.