Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bbconair

bbconair Senior member

when will some of the accessories come back? really liked the fish hook key chain...

2. Tdizzle

Tdizzle Active Member

As someone who frequently visits factories in China, I can attest this is abit misguided (even venerable Patagonia is guilty). China can produce some great quality things (i.e. apple products) and some very suspect quality things. That's a fact. They're quicker to deliver. People are cheap and plentiful and there is little government regulation or reprimand if they do bend whatever loose rules exist. Customers can demand fair wages but what is really fair? They are NOT well paid or treated. Google any story about Foxconn and Apple and you'll see how the HIGHER end employees of factory operators are treated. Those people are paid ABOVE fair labor standards and you'd be depressed for the afternoon if you read about their day to day. None of you would eat one of these free meals and housing is a dirty dormitory where they live in a small room with 4-6 strangers with no wifi or tv (in some cases they charge for wifi by hour). They work long shifts and are generally miserable. It's common for them to get a ten minute break where they try and sleep sitting up because they are exhausted. They are sometimes not even allowed to talk to each other while working. There are great factories in Canada for outerwear and east bay of your home town. I'm sorry but compliance audits aren't going to fix any of these things. This is wear Voting with your wallet matters. Eventually if customers want more transparency someone will give it to them... because after all there is money to be made.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. whiskeytown

whiskeytown Member

@summersteve I just received the new Jack in Indigo Stripe Selvage. Was this particular shirt supposed to have such a long tail? Most of my Jacks are shorter, with a less pronounced scoop, which make them great for wearing untucked. However this shirt is extremely long which almost forces me to wear it tucked in and will limit it to an office shirt only. Kind of disappointed in this, especially for how good this shirt looks.

4. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Take it to your tailor, have them match the hem of your other shirts. Prob will cost like $20

5. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Well-Known Member

If TS calls it a Jack it should come in the same shape and length as his others. I wouldn't pay to have it altered to match what I thought I was getting.

6. th3buhbuh

th3buhbuh Senior member

I feel like there has been a surprising number of people saying the lengths of things have changed. I know my Cone Corded workshirt is significantly looser (not bad fitting, just looser) and much longer overall in the sleeves and tail.

7. summersteve

summersteve Active Member

Hi @whiskeytown please send me a DM with your order number.
    As we continue to vet new factories we need to be vigilant about their quality, so please bring these issues up when you see them.

8. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

I like the new 4S utility shirt in the workshop. However, after the fit problem of the corded indigo utility shirt in my past order and seeing the same thing happened again in the Jack from other member. I am a bit hesitate if I should place the order...:eh:

9. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Jeez are any of the outdoor collection items new or even substantially different in terms of fabric? I saw a couple new colors (glad to see the new rovers have sleeve lining) but much of it looked the same as 2016.