• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
I'm exchanging the medium Barn Jacket for a large since I am running a little tight at the pits. Did anyone get shipping info for their Cone Mills Cord shirts? The website lists the order as fulfilled but doesn't list a tracking number.
I've got "Fulfilled 3/02", but no tracking or anything either.

ub3rmike

Reaction score
I haven't been seeing any info whatsoever on the corded indigo shirt either. It was supposed to ship 2/27-3/3, but...looks like we blew past that window with no news. For a little while there, TS was making an effort to send helpful emails with updates on items you've ordered, shipping notification, etc., but I haven't seen one of those in a while at this point. Pretty frustrating, since there's really no way to figure out what's happening short of calling customer service.

I also ordered a Mechanic shirt from the Workshop that's supposed to ship between today and 3/10 - not really expecting to see that one anytime soon either, I guess.
So here's a potential battle rhythm which might solve confidence issues right now. Every time the key players of Taylor Stitch meet, the following series of questions should be asked:

"What products are 1-2 weeks from their shipping window?" (I, as a person who doesn't even work for Taylor Stitch, could obtain this information simply by looking at the website"
"Do we positively know they're on track (Update from the factory or shipping notification to warehouse)? Who acquired the update info?"
"If we don't know, have we reached out to the factory directly?"
"If we still haven't figured it out, have backers been notified? Who notified them?"

On a monthly level, either prior or right when a new monthly campaign releases, someone should actually be looking at each and every webpage to make sure everything is good to go. In the case of the Telegraph collection, if I were working for Taylor Stitch, I would be very embarrassed if someone not employed by the company found discrepancies/missing sizing charts and compiled a list and had to post it on a public internet forum before anyone being paid by Taylor Stitch was able to bring it to the web developers attention to fix it. Also, when backers have to ask customer service reps after the fact, it represents a problem of information flow. Hayley and Mina have been incredibly helpful and accommodating, but them having to fix problems after the fact instead of the company staying on top of things beforehand isn't going to be as effective.

On the factory Workshop issue, I understand that the factory might be operating on its own tempo or be on a different timeline, but passing the buck and simply accepting it without pressing them represents a totally reactive posture when a proactive posture is what allows both the brand and the customers to stay cognizant of what's going on. Furthermore, if the factory isn't going out of its way to let you know what's going on, what's that say about the rapport between the factory and Taylor Stitch and how does that reflect how much the factory actually cares about realizing Taylor Stitch's vision for clothing? As far as actually keeping the Workshop backers informed beforehand, being timely (doesn't always happen due to real life, I get it) and accountable (that's the bare minimum) isn't so much about being courteous to us, it's about reflecting the pride that you have for your product and your reputation. My two cents as a former Marine sergeant who has also operated in a "small team-high chaos-low visibility" context.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Ways you know this retail model might not be for you............

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

summersteve

Reaction score
Hey All!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
On behalf of Taylor Stitch, I apologize for the lack of communication. The concerns expressed are all valid and pretty spot on. I am not making excuses when I say that we are a small team (20 people), it's simply the truth. When most e-commerce brands operate seasonally we operate monthly. It's a difficult way to operate, but it's part of what makes us unique. Putting out these monthly collections includes designing, prototyping, costing, planning photo shoots, merchandising the site and following through on all of the details that contribute to the high standard we hold ourselves too. We are aware of the concerns brought up and I assure you we are working on them. We are working on a lot, all at once, and as a result outward change does not happen as quickly as we would like.
Again, on behalf of Taylor Stitch, thank you for the support and for keeping us honest. We aim to get 1% better everyday and your commentary on this forum is vital to that effort.

Please feel free to reply with any follow up questions
- Steve and the Taylor Stitch Team.

stevefok

Reaction score
just received the corded indigo utility shirt, I think the fabric looks quite nice, just a bit lighter than I expected. And I think its a bit longer than my usual Utility shirt? Anyone has the same feeling too?

ub3rmike

Reaction score
just received the corded indigo utility shirt, I think the fabric looks quite nice, just a bit lighter than I expected. And I think its a bit longer than my usual Utility shirt? Anyone has the same feeling too?
My wife loves the shirt. Since I'm moved up a weight class for an upcoming competition next month, I asked to get my order changed to a Large and Steve came through for me. This is my first large shirt but at 6'0" it's perfect for me. Based on how well the corded indigo utility worked out for me I would've copped the salt and pepper utility last weekend but I'm currently putting away money to move closer to work when I graduate.

Typographer

Reaction score
Hey All!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
On behalf of Taylor Stitch, I apologize for the lack of communication. The concerns expressed are all valid and pretty spot on. I am not making excuses when I say that we are a small team (20 people), it's simply the truth. When most e-commerce brands operate seasonally we operate monthly. It's a difficult way to operate, but it's part of what makes us unique. Putting out these monthly collections includes designing, prototyping, costing, planning photo shoots, merchandising the site and following through on all of the details that contribute to the high standard we hold ourselves too. We are aware of the concerns brought up and I assure you we are working on them. We are working on a lot, all at once, and as a result outward change does not happen as quickly as we would like.
Again, on behalf of Taylor Stitch, thank you for the support and for keeping us honest. We aim to get 1% better everyday and your commentary on this forum is vital to that effort.

Please feel free to reply with any follow up questions
- Steve and the Taylor Stitch Team.
Hi Steve,

I would like to know the status of The Cap Toe Moto Boot in Black Steerhide, any update, will be grateful. Thanks

summersteve

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Happy World Water Day!

@ub3rmike I'm glad we were able to get your sorted with that size L corded utility shirt.
@stevefok how are you feeling about the shirt now? After owning it for a few days.

@Typographer and @rusticchasm I too want an update! Communicating with our factory has been a true nightmare. There's no worry of the boots disappearing or needing to be refunded, we're just at the mercy of the factory. As soon as we have concrete information our fearless leader's Michael and Mina will communicate that information to the lot of you.

In regards to care we recommend three key items. The first is our soon-to-be-released cedar shoe trees. These should be inside the boots anytime the boots are not on your feet. The cedar works to remove moisture from the leather as well as the cork footbed so that the boots dry properly. The second item is a horsehair brush used for preventative care. Some folks may use polish while brushing, but we recommend a good ol' fashioned dry brushing. This helps to remove dirt and contaminants from the threads as well as the sole. The third component of the care trifecta is high quality leather conditioner, like this one from otter wax. Leather conditioner or oil should be used every six months if you are wearing the boots at least once per month. If you wear the boots more often then care would obviously be required more often.

If I can answer any other questions for anyone feel free to reply here.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone pick up the TS and mission collab pieces, specifically the merino henley? I think it was retailing for around ~120 or something. any thoughts? worth it? recommend?

summersteve

Reaction score
Hey @bbconair the Merino henley we made with Mission Workshop is nice!
I recommend sizing up one size, as it was designed as a true next-to-skin base layer, but unfortunately looks baggier in the photos.
Please know, that it's warm! really warm! If you're looking for something a little lighter in weight we now offer a henley with a nice waffle pattern that fits true to size.

RUFiO795

Reaction score

just received the corded indigo utility shirt, I think the fabric looks quite nice, just a bit lighter than I expected. And I think its a bit longer than my usual Utility shirt? Anyone has the same feeling too?

Definitely agree. The cut of the shirt is wayyyy longer than it appeared in the pics. It's my first utility shirt, so I don't know what their usual length is, but I was pretty surprised. I asked customer service about it and basically just received confirmation that yes, the cut of the shirt did change at some point prior to manufacturing. I still haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not - one of the things I usually love about TS shirts is shorter length, and this one deviates pretty hard. The description on the website still even says "Shorter tail length to be worn untucked," but that's really not true here.

All that said: the shirt itself is awesome! I wish it fit as originally promised, because it'd be a no-brainer to keep it if it did.

stevefok

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Happy World Water Day!

@ub3rmike I'm glad we were able to get your sorted with that size L corded utility shirt.
@stevefok how are you feeling about the shirt now? After owning it for a few days.

@Typographer and @rusticchasm I too want an update! Communicating with our factory has been a true nightmare. There's no worry of the boots disappearing or needing to be refunded, we're just at the mercy of the factory. As soon as we have concrete information our fearless leader's Michael and Mina will communicate that information to the lot of you.

In regards to care we recommend three key items. The first is our soon-to-be-released cedar shoe trees. These should be inside the boots anytime the boots are not on your feet. The cedar works to remove moisture from the leather as well as the cork footbed so that the boots dry properly. The second item is a horsehair brush used for preventative care. Some folks may use polish while brushing, but we recommend a good ol' fashioned dry brushing. This helps to remove dirt and contaminants from the threads as well as the sole. The third component of the care trifecta is high quality leather conditioner, like this one from otter wax. Leather conditioner or oil should be used every six months if you are wearing the boots at least once per month. If you wear the boots more often then care would obviously be required more often.

If I can answer any other questions for anyone feel free to reply here.

Definitely agree. The cut of the shirt is wayyyy longer than it appeared in the pics. It's my first utility shirt, so I don't know what their usual length is, but I was pretty surprised. I asked customer service about it and basically just received confirmation that yes, the cut of the shirt did change at some point prior to manufacturing. I still haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not - one of the things I usually love about TS shirts is shorter length, and this one deviates pretty hard. The description on the website still even says "Shorter tail length to be worn untucked," but that's really not true here.

All that said: the shirt itself is awesome! I wish it fit as originally promised, because it'd be a no-brainer to keep it if it did.

@summersteve I agree 100% with @RUFiO795 , I love the fabric but not a fan with the new cut of the utility shirt. I love TS shirt becuz of the shorter length to be worn untucked and now I need to take the shirt to my tailor to see if she can have it shortened without affecting the triple neddle side stitch. Below is a photo of the new corded indigo shirt compare with the Natural Cross Jacquard utility shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads