• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

cnew

Reaction score
Actually, they're some old beater J Crew jeans. Sacrilegious, I know.
The jacket fit looks spot on man!

Also the jeans color is dope, do that still make jeans in that color?

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been an leather jacket fad in the last few months for some reason. Gotten around today to take a few pics of them. Here's my awesome TS one..

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mikegnthensome It seems that you are pretty much running new products exclusively through the workshop (as opposed to stocking a ton of stuff) - do you plan to offer new men's workshop products more than 1 time per week, or is it going to stay as-is for the foreseeable future?

AmongThePines

Reaction score
I've just got to say that the new return process is fantastic! No more waiting for a shipping label and confirmation. A couple of clicks and done!

That being said, I really wish that the Swift Mills Utility shirt would have fit! I've got the ISC Utility shirt in a 42- it's a little big, but that's ok because I think if I give it a hot soak it will shrink up and be perfect. I ordered the Swift Mills in a 42 and I can barely button it. these should be cut from the same pattern, no? Where does the size variation get introduced?

Also received the Crater shirt and this thing in 42 fits perfect after a wash. Awesome shirt!

rusticchasm

Reaction score
got my blackwatch wool jacket today. its amazing. only qualms: 1) no internal pocket 2) no tag indicating pendleton wool (i like those kind of things, makes it more special to me)

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
been an leather jacket fad in the last few months for some reason. Gotten around today to take a few pics of them. Here's my awesome TS one..

@rnguy001 Hot damn, breaking in well. How much are you benching now? @oynag the squat rack is calling your name. High-rep curls only. Be there or be square

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
I've just got to say that the new return process is fantastic! No more waiting for a shipping label and confirmation. A couple of clicks and done!

That being said, I really wish that the Swift Mills Utility shirt would have fit! I've got the ISC Utility shirt in a 42- it's a little big, but that's ok because I think if I give it a hot soak it will shrink up and be perfect. I ordered the Swift Mills in a 42 and I can barely button it. these should be cut from the same pattern, no? Where does the size variation get introduced?

Also received the Crater shirt and this thing in 42 fits perfect after a wash. Awesome shirt!
@AmongThePines

Glad the returns process is becoming better. That was a big push this year so all feedback is good feedback.

They are cut from the same pattern. Only variation is fabric... only thing I could think is you got a mislabeled Swift Mills?
If you haven't sent it back, measure the chest 1' underneath the armpit and tell me what you get. If anything, the ISC can feel small on people b/c the selvedge canvas is a pretty tough fabric to start with.

Sizing can be somewhat complex depending on how certain fabrics lay on the body, unexpected shrinkage, and doing small batch garments instead of one large run (lends itself to having more chances of a mistake). But it was an issue that we thought was cleared up (or so we thought...). Just drop me a note and we'll figure it out.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
@mikegnthensome It seems that you are pretty much running new products exclusively through the workshop (as opposed to stocking a ton of stuff) - do you plan to offer new men's workshop products more than 1 time per week, or is it going to stay as-is for the foreseeable future?
@Klemins We've doubled down on our workshop model as we've moved to a monthly curated look, instead of the somewhat random yet seasonally related weekly model we had. We're also always on the lookout for cool new fabrics and styles so it wouldn't be out of the realm to see a couple Sunday workshop/limited releases that have little to do w/ the monthly collection.

Always love feedback. Would you like to see more limited drops? More workshop items? Thoughts on the monthly release cadence vs. the past? Is Frank Underwood ever going to wear a Telegraph?

I'm all ears bud.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to open up the black watch project jacket yesterday (just in time for 70 degree weather on DC!). This thing is perfect. Not sure how you guys nail the fits so well on such a wide range of styles but keep doing what you're doing. Only downside is I probably have to tuck this thing away until November!

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Klemins We've doubled down on our workshop model as we've moved to a monthly curated look, instead of the somewhat random yet seasonally related weekly model we had. We're also always on the lookout for cool new fabrics and styles so it wouldn't be out of the realm to see a couple Sunday workshop/limited releases that have little to do w/ the monthly collection. Always love feedback. Would you like to see more limited drops? More workshop items? Thoughts on the monthly release cadence vs. the past? Is Frank Underwood ever going to wear a Telegraph? I'm all ears bud.
I sort of liked the random workshop items in the past since, if you weren't into something, there was always next week. Now, if you don't like a concept (like the telegraph collection for me), you're SOL for about a month. Maybe drop an additional couple items a month if you're sticking with the cohesive collection? I mean, it's always good to have more options, if you guys did biweekly workshop launches or something, but it's obviously not worth it if things don't get backed.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to open up the black watch project jacket yesterday (just in time for 70 degree weather on DC!). This thing is perfect. Not sure how you guys nail the fits so well on such a wide range of styles but keep doing what you're doing. Only downside is I probably have to tuck this thing away until November!
Agreed. Only complain is that the wrist is a tad tight for outerwear. Could have added another half to inch to the wrist sizing to account for a long sleeve shirt (Oxford weight) underneath and a watch. Overall an fantastic piece though
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

oynag

Reaction score
@mikegnthensome Shots fired! High-rep curls curled! Dressed it up at work today. Strangely cold here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads