• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

dqm45

Reaction score
I have a Medium (40). I wear Medium in the Maritime, Yosemite, Variegated Stripe Popover, and Cherry Blossom shirts; 40 in the Telegraph jackets. I would call the Jacket fitted. All the shirts/jackets I mentioned are a bit looser - maybe calling them tailored (slightly looser, but not loose/baggy). The wrists can be a little tight with a watch on - same as the Maritime is for me though - so don't expect to wear a diver or smart watch comfortably. The color is fantastic. The fit in general is quite close - I can't wear a sweater or anything heavy under it - but that's kind of the style. The chest is tight but it was Golden Bear's expectation that this would relax as the jacket broke in - I feel like it's most comfortable in the "riding a motorcycle" arm position where it makes your arms/shoulders want to be more forward. Like I said though, I asked TS and they asked GB and the response was "that is expected and should form to you with wear." The weather has been less than cooperative lately so I haven't worn mine as much as I'd like but I believe @mikegnthensome said TS was told "about a month of daily wear" will break it in nicely.

I know some people were questioning the quality and fit, but had no frame of reference on either since they weren't buying one to try. It's never gonna be the custom MTM jacket that leather-heads want it to be, but it's certainly the best leather jacket I've owned/handled in my limited experience (I've had a couple, but I also know a reasonable bit about leather from my shoe habit). I got it via pre-order obviously so I paid a decent chunk less than the current price, but that's not to say I wouldn't still consider it - I'd just have to justify it that much more to my wife
tongue.gif

Thanks for the detailed reply!

My Small shirt also has a slightly loose fit, so it sounds like a Small would be right for me. Not really looking to layer it. The color is awesome, and is primarily what attracted me to the jacket.

This or an Aero...I guess I have till tonight to decide if I want to knock a bit off the price. :)

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
hey fellas, Just got back from a mini work vacation in LA & it's been a good crazy around the office. Sorry on the delay but to the fellas who asked questions...

@Medoc Appreciate the honest feedback. It's always difficult, as a lot of how much roll you prefer in the collar is just a personal styling preference. The Jack was made for a modernized and relaxed look, but in doing so, sacrificed a bit of roll in the collar. I'll pass along the feedback.

@Klemins Production and timelines for garment creation is actually quite a beastly process. We really do try to use the workshop as a signal then order over and above that the amount we think we can sell. Sometimes, unfortunately, we just run out of fabric. Regarding the rover's, when they do so damn well in the workshop, we bought up all the fabric we possibly could for this jacket and we bought everything available when we went into production and it ended up not lending itself to only a very limited amount of jackets. We have to wait another 3-4 months for fabric of that same quality and by then, it will be out of season. Most of the time you should assume the limited run of whatever garment will last at least a week or two in the store before we sell out (at the very least)

Medoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reply!

My Small shirt also has a slightly loose fit, so it sounds like a Small would be right for me. Not really looking to layer it. The color is awesome, and is primarily what attracted me to the jacket.

This or an Aero...I guess I have till tonight to decide if I want to knock a bit off the price. :)

No debate here. Go with the small. If the small shirt is a better fit than XS and you experience no glaring fit issues, you're always going to be more happy with the comfortable jacket that fits. You already mentioned that the XS had a little stress and tight areas. Don't talk yourself into a smaller size because you think its better or cooler, just my 2 cents.

gotribe

Reaction score
I'm a 32 in the vast majority of pants/jeans I own and occasionally a 31. Should I go with 31 or 32 in Telegraph Trousers? In the past I've tried on TS denim in slim cuts and the 31 seemed to be a far better fit, but I wonder if that is due to raw denim sizing conventions where you almost always want to size down 1 or 2. Thanks!

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
I'm a 32 in the vast majority of pants/jeans I own and occasionally a 31. Should I go with 31 or 32 in Telegraph Trousers? In the past I've tried on TS denim in slim cuts and the 31 seemed to be a far better fit, but I wonder if that is due to raw denim sizing conventions where you almost always want to size down 1 or 2. Thanks!
@gotribe From the sounds of it, you're a 32.

For most brands, ours included, the rule of thumb is to size down one size in selvedge (not sure if you had raw selvedge or just raw denim but i'm thinking it's probably raw selvedge) because it will stretch/give a bit in areas like the waist and knees.

Worse case, you can always exchange a 32 for a 31.
A good rule of thumb as well: A tailor can also take away fabric but can't add fabric back in so I'd always skew towards having my pants a tad too big than too small.

whatjones

Reaction score
When did the return policy change to 30 days? I just noticed this today.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
When did the return policy change to 30 days? I just noticed this today.
That sounds a lot like "Don't try and return things you've worn for 6 months." kind of 30-days policy. If there's a defect, I'm sure it matters less.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sounds a lot like "Don't try and return things you've worn for 6 months." kind of 30-days policy. If there's a defect, I'm sure it matters less.

I think whatjones is referencing the old return policy, which I believe was 14 days.

TactileOne

Reaction score
Got my Rover in dark olive Monday, happy as hell with it. My first experience with waxed cotton, great for walking the dogs in the rain. Hey TS how about a waxed hat like a Tilley airflow.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sjmin209 Are those the camp pants? If not, who makes them?

ncb92

Reaction score
Got my Rover in dark olive Monday, happy as hell with it. My first experience with waxed cotton, great for walking the dogs in the rain. Hey TS how about a waxed hat like a Tilley airflow.
Got my dark olive Rover as well and love it! Beautiful fabric and did great in some big downpours this week. Great fit. A little hard to get the zipper started, but not a big issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads