1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. summersteve

summersteve Active Member

@Americanaaa I'm bummed to hear the news of your two garment's.
    We're always happy to repair free of charge. Feel free to reach out to me directly at Steven@taylorstitch.com if you'd like some help with those buttons or with a replacement jacket.

As you all know our products are handmade by people. Sometimes mistakes happen, but we've always owned up to our mistakes. No one should ever feel hesitant about reaching out with repair questions.

I'm glad the Henley is working out for you @Don L

Happy MLK day everyone!

1 person likes this.
  2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I totally get this and appreciate it.

My main complaint is that you guys made a really rad item I genuinely want (Civic trousers), then offered it a cut that's got a pretty limited fit range. Nothing to do about it now, I just wish it was different. I mentioned this when the survey about the collection came out, but it seems like by then the decision to only do slim fit was already made.

3. summersteve

@oboy_oboy I totally hear where you're coming from.
    I can't speak to why the decision was made to only offer slim, but I will pass this along to our production team.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!

4. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Active Member

Hi Steve,

I just emailed you about a broken snap on my beloved Indigo Glacier Shirt. I hope you can hook me up with a replacement - looks like my size is back in stock.

Thanks in advance for your help!

5. summersteve

Hey @Bryanb55 I've got an XL indigo heading your way!
    Will respond to your email with more details.

6. Stylus23

Stylus23 New Member

Hey there, I was looking at the TS site the other day and saw something I hadn't noticed before - buyer reviews of products, with fit ratings and written reviews, and it was super-useful. But now I can't seem to find the reviews anymore. Was I dreaming? Was there a site overhaul? Thanks...

7. pima1234

pima1234 Well-Known Member

Anyone else loving those broken twill jeans?

They work great for me. Hoping for many years of good wear.

8. Bryanb55

Bryanb55 Active Member

Steve,

I'm disappointed to hear that the shirt isn't on the way and that it was an error in your inventory system. Can you repair the broken snap if I send it back to you?
    Thanks,

Bryan

9. summersteve

Good morning everyone!

Shoot any questions you have around CIVIC or the upcoming Telegraph collection my way :)

Hey @Bryanb55 I was out sick and am just seeing your email, I've just sent you a response.

10. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

The Telegraph will be released on what date?

The theme of the Telegraph is?

11. ub3rmike

ub3rmike Member

So a while ago we got the e-mail that the shipping fee would be applied to each individual workshop item as opposed to each order to facilitate getting product out faster. Now those of us who backed the barn jacket are being told that they're going to be delayed a month. It seems we're not getting the added value of essentially paying more to back items. The worst part though is that this all happened after missing the shipping window. I get that life/unexpected circumstances come up, but if someone who was working for me was showing up late to work, I'd want them to tell me about it beforehand (like other companies that follow the short-run crowd sourcing model) instead of an hour after they were supposed to be at their appointed place of duty.

This happened with the shadow plaid glacier shirt too, where I had to go out of my way and ask why my shirt hadn't shipped out 2 weeks after it was supposed to instead of someone letting me know what was going on. Worse, the shirt was marked "Made in Portugal" when the website had advertised it as a MiUSA/MiCalifornia product, which did affect my decision to originally back it.

Or another case: The product photos of the Indigo stripe popover don't match the actual garment in real life. (There's only one photo that actually has the exact pattern). The stripes are much more dense and I expected a wider amount of space as is displayed on the webpage.

The lack of detailed sizing charts on some items combined with vanity sizing on other items (like the commuter jacket) make it impossible for me to want to back things. A lone waist or chest measurement isn't helpful at all when it's up in the air whether the shoulder or thighs will fit as well.

I know it seems I'm being harsh but part of it is because I really loved the brand (There are 20 different TS items in my closet right now) but I feel like bringing attention to these shortfalls is the only way quality of product and service is going to be preserved.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  12. kjart

kjart Active Member

Following up on this re. Canadian shipping. I'm not sure if there are other Canadians on here, but shipping from TS to Canada still seems like a joke. Instead of being $30 flat as it was before (steep, but I could accept it with a few items), it now seems to be at least $32+ per unique shipment. For example, pre-ordering two shirts from the Civic collection is ~$65 in shipping and adding on an instock tshirt brings it to >$90. Sadly this means I won't be ordering anything else from TS (barring a planned road trip to the US), even though I love my blackwatch glacier shirt and camp pants.

13. six-gun-pete

six-gun-pete Member

I'm Canadian and I agree 100%. I did a civic pre-order, but I think that's it for me unless they get a handle on the shipping prices. It's difficult enough to justify with the terrible exchange, but there is no way it costs $30+ to ship a tshirt or pair of shorts California to Alberta. Return shipping has cost me tops $25 CAD... I love everything I've gotten from them but it's getting out of budget for me.

14. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

T-shirt via First Class would be about $16 IRC.

15. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Well-Known Member

You guys need to another run of the Highland shirt in Olive and Khaki.

16. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

From spring survey sent out --

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. summersteve

Hello Everyone!

I have been trying to think of the best way to address these concerns you've shared.
    I will respond to enquiries in the order they've appeared on the thread.

@NorthCoast Telegraph has just dropped! The theme could be described as Freedom through limitations. We make a suit for guys who don't wear suits.
    That may come across a bit abstract, but I think once you view the collection as a whole it will make sense.

@ub3rmike Your points are all valid. It's true that we added the per-item shipping cost in an effort to get Workshop items to you more quickly. Although this may seem hard to believe, we often don't receive updates from our factories until the last minute. I'm not making excuses, we can and will improve, but sometimes it really is out of our hands.
    We should have sent the Barn Jacket email out sooner, and we take full responsibility. This was not a case of our factory sharing last minute news, the time simply got away from us and I apologize on behalf of my team here.
    The Workshop model can be a tricky thing to manage, and we're still figuring out the most efficient way to do so. You're right, we've not communicated details regarding other Workshop delays as quickly as we could have. Again, I apologize for the frustration this may have caused to you and the Style Forum Community.
    We value the entirety of the Taylor Stitch community and have relied on you to help us sort out issues. Specifically, the Shadow Plaid Glacier Shirt. Our design team was trying to hit a deadline and missed a very important detail. We changed the Mi moniker as soon as it was brought to our attention.
    We're a small team and sometimes details can be overlooked. I repeat, we rely on our community to help us out when an error is noticed.
    We value you all. We would not be where we are today without the support and critiques from this community.

Thank you on behalf of Taylor Stitch

@kjart + @six-gun-pete + @Fueco I feel where you're coming from. You've supported us in the past and now it feels like we're discrediting your support. I assure you that is not the case. If you've read all of the above you will see that we truly value the community that exists around us. We are working with our 3PL to work out a better international shipping option. We really are a small company, although it may not appear that way on the outside. The $30 flat rate was seriously hurting us and impacting our ability to create new products in exciting fabrics. We feel strongly that our use of limited fabrics is something that sets us apart from others in the industry. If we are hurting our ability to do what makes us different then a change needs to be made. We hope to have better international shipping options soon, but at this time I do not have an ETA.

Thank you all for taking time to share your thoughts, I urge you and the potential lurkers to chime in anytime a question or concern comes to mind.

- Steve and the TS team

1 person likes this.
  18. ub3rmike

ub3rmike Member

@summersteve Ok, I'll bite. Here are discrepancies as far as the new Telegraph campaign is concerned:
    1. The Jack in Indigo Stripe Selvage, a shirt which was made last year in California, has both a product photo and a description stating that it's made in California, but the bottom image of the page states that it's made in Portugal.
    2. The California in Navy Jacquard Dot, a shirt which was also made last year in California, has a description stating that it's made in the USA, but both the product photo and the bottom image states that it's made in Portugal.
    3. The California in Navy Jacquard Dot has a ship window of next week, before the campaign is even halfway through completition.
    4. The California in White Jacquard Dot doesn't have a shipping window.
    5. None of the Telegraph jackets have measurements beyond chest. That's a big leap of faith to pledge a suit jacket where you won't even be sure of the fit in the areas which can't easily be altered.

This was all from doing a cursory 2 minute overview through the entire collection. Again, this seems incredibly nitpicky, but I was a Marine and attention to detail is very important to me. Before any uniform or room inspection I took the effort to personally look at every Marine under my charge to make sure he was upholding the standards before any of my seniors or the inspecting officers got a chance to look at them. From a business standpoint, someone (who's actually getting paid by the company) should be sanity checking each product page (ideally before web launch) to remove any ambiguities in the purchasing process, because a customer may not want to question whether their purchase will fit them. Above all else, it reflects the pride that one has for one's company/product (which is something that anyone working for Taylor Stitch deservedly should have).

Again, TS has the best fitting shirts I've ever worn so these criticisms are legitimately out of love for the brand, because like my Marines, I only criticize the things I truly care about.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    3 people like this.
  19. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Any chance you go back to the weekly release of workshop items? This is the 2nd collection I simply have no interest in (unless I decide to get a pair of chinos, but I have plenty). I don't really have a reason to visit your site when not into the collection.

20. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

+1 for wanting more measurements on the new Telegraph jackets please!