Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I've even had a tailor let out the waist on a 36 by undoing the overlapped side seams.

2. lbrig

lbrig Senior member

Good, thanks. This thing is so comfortable and warm I probably would keep it anyway.

3. wyoming1

wyoming1 New Member

Has Workshop been killed? No mention on the TS website and a link to the Oxford Stripe campaign is dead.

4. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

They said it would start up again after the new year

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

so how far off are the measurement of the moleskin on the site? never bought a pair of ts pants before

6. bigwhat62

bigwhat62 Well-Known Member

i didnt compare it to the site. i just compared them to each other

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Keep in mind that even Levi's, with all its manufacturing volume and mature operation, allows for up to 10% tolerance in trouser dimensions. That's huge, but the point is many manufactures allow for a tolerance.

I always try on clothes when I can, even if the measurements are given, because sometimes the geometry can make one area feel tighter than the measurements would indicate.

Their customer service team is pretty good and the guys are really understanding. Give them a heads up and state your concern.

Cheers!

8. bigwhat62

bigwhat62 Well-Known Member

Im a long time customer of them and I will continue to buy from them. They do have great customer service and I do give them feedback when sizing seems off for me. Im not trying to bash them in anyway and if I came across that way I didnt mean to

9. meso

meso Senior member

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the current run of Yosemite shirts?
    Last time around they fit fairly slim with short arms.
    Looking to get like 26" from top arm seam to end of cuff, 23" p2p on a size 42 or 44.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

10. digga

digga Senior member

My size 40 in red is 25.5 in the sleeve and 22.5 pit to pit. It seems slightly tighter in the gut and chest than my other TS shirts, but that may just be the thicker fabric. I also haven't washed it yet and wore it for the first time today.

You should probably try a 42.

11. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Can you comment on fit? I've been debating on whether or not I want to order their black Italian selvedge in democratic fit but can't make up my mind. I don't see many reviews of their denim which makes me nervous. Are their jeans sanforized?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I love their Jeans I prefer them to naked and famous. the black ones are super comfortable. I dont think they are sanforized but I don't wash my jeans ever so it's a non issue for me.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@iamshed

I just got a pair. I recommend the slim fit, which is more relaxed that the name would indicate. The cut is superb. The red stitching is clever and a subtle detail. The canvas pockets have a map of old San Francisco printed on them. It has a button fly.

Warning: the jeans will bleed a LOT, at least initially. I warm soaked inside out for an hour (didn't notice shrinkage) then rinsed on cold with the shower head, spraying inside the legs. That got a ton of dye and starch out.

And if it stains your bathtub, just use baby wipes; the indigo stains came right out.

They ARE sanforized.

The fabric itself isn't bad, it's just not amazingly unique like some of the Japanese stuff, but that wasn't the goal anyway. I got them 20% off with the end of year promo and will be using these as my beater pair.

I will also buy a pair of RRL on sale right now and compare the denim.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015

14. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Workshop projects can be over-funded right? Won't close once it reaches 100%

15. halcyon725

halcyon725 Well-Known Member

No, they will keep taking orders. I believe the women's dress they offered was funded over 200%.

I am trying to fund the new workshop shirts, but it is only offering me FedEx 2nd day shipping as an option. Did anyone else notice this?