1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bigwhat62

bigwhat62 Well-Known Member

my crater shirts came in yesterday and they are perfect. wore the grey/navy one today with a basic tee as an undershirt and then my navy project jacket from last season. prefect layering combo for me region at the moment.

i do have to comment about the this years project jacket...i bought the navy one last year and at the time could only afford the 1 jacket. i was thrilled that the harvest tan released again this year so i jumped online and bought one right away. but there are minor differences that were enough for me to have to return it. the sleeves were much longer and the waist pockets were much bigger, making the pocket entry much higher than last years model and it felt awkward trying to use them.

also, i have last years moleskin pants and again jumped on the second color when i saw the khaki was available. i ordered the same size as my navy moleskin assuming they'd fit the same but this years sizing came very small at the waist. i thought no big deal, i ordered a size up which did fit the waist but was way too baggy in the thigh. i dont know why inconsistences exist, unless their sizing changed on purpose and I did not read about it. i so wish they fit like last years pant cause it is such a comfy piece. for those that can get a pair that fits them perfect do go out and buy both colors. they are so comfy and worth every penny.

2. eljlakers

eljlakers Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    All Made in the USA while in India. Taylor Stitch brushed twill and Gustin Okayamas.

3. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior Member

FYI- if you buy and return things with "frequency", they will start to charge you shipping and return shipping

not complaining, just an fyi

4. sacafotos

sacafotos Distinguished Member

As they should, no? If it starts to cost them money, better to pass off that cost to a single customer than absorb and potentially translate to higher cost of goods sold.

5. Klemins

Klemins Distinguished Member

I'd be fine with this if their sizing wasn't so inconsistent (at least the pants). Can't blame people for returning when your size charts are inaccurate.

6. bigwhat62

bigwhat62 Well-Known Member

im with you on this. their pants and other items are not consistent in sizing

7. iamshed

iamshed New Member

Great stuff that y'all put out.

A question on the shuttle loomed italian selvage denim...are they zip flies or button?

8. Louys

Louys Senior Member

I'm surprised the indigo jack made it to sale, great shirt. Though I can't fault anyone for passing up TS's button down collar. It could stand to be a little bigger and have a little roll.

9. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Distinguished Member

I dont have those ones...but I have 3 other pairs of jeans from TS and they are all button

10. iamshed

iamshed New Member

Well either way, I just ordered a black pair for myself. So thoughtful, I know.

11. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Distinguished Member

Oh I have the black ones they are button fly.

12. lbrig

lbrig Senior Member

Has anyone had a tailor take in a maritime shirt jacket? I love the new one but it's a bit large around the wait. I dodn't know if I should just keep it and get the sides taken in because the next size down is sold out. Plus, it fits perfectly in the shoulders.

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Distinguished Member

Shouldn't be a big deal for any competent tailor.

14. NXNW

NXNW Senior Member

Lovin my Pine Project Jacket. In a fit I ordered both the TS workshop jacket and a Gustin army chore coat. TS won by a long shot from fit to design and Gs was quickly sold. If I had to gripe, inside pockets please!

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Distinguished Member

Agree 100%. If it's going to be button down, might as well have more character.