• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taurus SHO is back?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
365hp twin turbo.. that's pretty badass...

2010_Ford_Taurus_SHO_Pic3.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
It's also much larger, being built on the same frame as the Lincoln MKS instead of the old Taurus frame (which is going to be the future Fusion frame)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
god, seemed like every third car on the road was a taurus 13-17 years ago.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
It's also much larger, being built on the same frame as the Lincoln MKS instead of the old Taurus frame (which is going to be the future Fusion frame)
Very true.....it's also supposedly somewhat soft, so outside of great acceleration, it's not quite the EVO fighter. I would still choose a new G8 over this, given the same price backet. I do see it being a fine alternative to a Charger SRT8. Regardless, it's good to see Ford getting back in the game.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Very true.....it's also supposedly somewhat soft, so outside of great acceleration, it's not quite the EVO fighter. I would still choose a new G8 over this, given the same price backet.

I do see it being a fine alternative to a Charger SRT8.

Regardless, it's good to see Ford getting back in the game.

Ford's recently introduced cars have impressed me.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
god, seemed like every third car on the road was a taurus 13-17 years ago.

your forum girlfriend told me you are going to the cape, I just got back this morning.

For Ford, this is a nice mass production vehicle. Why do they call it the "Taurus Show", I thought you simply pronounced the inititals SHO, not as a word.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Respect for the SHO......about time it came back.

Regards.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i was just going to ask you when you were going. no meetups in nyc or mass for us ed. you're avoiding me.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by edmorel
your forum girlfriend told me you are going to the cape, I just got back this morning.

For Ford, this is a nice mass production vehicle. Why do they call it the "Taurus Show", I thought you simply pronounced the inititals SHO, not as a word.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was a fun car.

I had one and that engine really revved.

If I recall, the engine was not made by Ford but was Japanese.

It wasn't German quality, but then it was priced a lot less than BMW, Mercedes, or Audi.

PS: Just looked it up. The engine was a V-6 24 valve Yamaha. It was a nice value back then ( 1991! ). I wonder if primo vintage SHO cars are beginning to have any collector's value?

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif

When I think Taurus, I think of this:
97_ford_taurus_gl_wagon-1.jpg

I was in middle school when a teacher bought one and thought he was hot sh*t. I thought it was ugly.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Not a SHO, but I actually like my Taurus pretty well. 28 mpg, cheap to maintain, have had to do very little work on it. It can run on E85, even though I don't use it because it kills my mpg. Made it all the way across the country with absolutely 0 issues. Not a bad car at all, and a good car at the price, IMO. Although the new SHO is supposed to be closer to 28-32k, my dealer told me.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

That's new marketing originally it was pronounced S H O. (Super High Output)

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
That's new marketing originally it was pronounced S H O. (Super High Output)

I've always called it a SHO, back to the original one.

Anyway, I think it's just another case of Ford putting out massive HP cars that handle like wet noodles. No one's gonna be fooled, except perhaps some douchebags from Staten Island or Jersey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads