• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos

juck

Reaction score
Where do u draw the line? I have a few. There are times when i want sleeves and then Im like thats so commonplace these days. Opinions?

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juck
anyone?

I have a few as well, and woke up just in time to not get a sleeve. Unless you are a rockstar or a creative director, it's probably a bad idea. Actually, even if you are a rockstar or creative director, it's probably a bad idea.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The day will come when the regret sets in. Why do something so permanent? You'll be locked into "that guy is a product of the 2005-2015 tat fad. I'll bet he says epic and sick all of the time. Hey old man, where are your skinny jeans and plaid shirt?"

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
The day will come when the regret sets in. Why do something so permanent? You'll be locked into "that guy is a product of the 2005-2015 tat fad. I'll bet he says epic and sick all of the time. Hey old man, where are your skinny jeans and plaid shirt?"

lol wut.

You do realize tattoos have a rich history dating back thousands of years in some cultures? I'd love for you to tell my biker uncle at age 60 that he was buying in to the "fad of 2005-15"

Rikkar501

Reaction score
I would love to get sleeves, I just don't have the money or the balls to actually do it
ffffuuuu.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
lol wut. You do realize tattoos have a rich history dating back thousands of years in some cultures? I'd love for you to tell my biker uncle at age 60 that he was buying in to the "fad of 2005-15"
Your 60 yr old biker uncle is a product of the 60s and 70s when tats were reserved for bikers, soldiers etc - long before Molly, Maggie, and Morgan decided that since "everyone else has one" they too would join the crowd of trend following 20 somethings. Time marches on, tastes change. It's not the choice, it is the permanence of the choice. http://gprime.net/video.php/tattooremover

abeezy21

Reaction score

If you get Tattoo's that mean something to you , you will never regret it . Its the guys who get the cool "in" Tattoo that end up regretting it

juck

Reaction score
Yea I saw a man the other day with a very nice button down under a sweater and a lil neck tat and it did look neat. the contrast of fine style with a lil grit. I work for my fathers company,Tats arent a problem. I am 37 and have 6. But i do get ideas for sleeves and then im like ,"i can never take these off so i dont do it".

juck

Reaction score
Your 60 yr old biker uncle is a product of the 60s and 70s when tats were reserved for bikers, soldiers etc - long before Molly, Maggie, and Morgan decided that since "everyone else has one" they too would join the crowd of trend following 20 somethings. Time marches on, tastes change. It's not the choice, it is the permanence of the choice.

http://gprime.net/video.php/tattooremover

That vids funny as hell

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abeezy21
If you get Tattoo's that mean something to you , you will never regret it . Its the guys who get the cool "in" Tattoo that end up regretting it

+100. I have several japanese characters on my shoulder representing ideals I try to live my life by. Whenever I see them it reminds me of why I got the tattoo in the first place.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your 60 yr old biker uncle is a product of the 60s and 70s when tats were reserved for bikers, soldiers etc - long before Molly, Maggie, and Morgan decided that since "everyone else has one" they too would join the crowd of trend following 20 somethings. Time marches on, tastes change. It's not the choice, it is the permanence of the choice.

http://gprime.net/video.php/tattooremover

so wouldn't that make it MORE acceptable and the social norm now that everyone else has them? I think the farther we go in time and the older generations who think tattoos are reserved for "soldiers,bikers, and thugs" will die out and the stigma of tattoos versus personality traits will die with it.

ps yes i have tons of tattoos..if you regret them just get them removed!

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
I have my intials and the quote "tick follows tock follows tick follows tock follows, time waits for no man." on my back, right shoulder. I´m a law student and hope to be advocate of law in the future so anything revealing is not very professional
frown.gif
. My friend on the other hand has graduated from marketing and has a koi fish on his sleeve already
smile.gif

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple tats, each significant to me. I also have a couple more planned, but I'm waiting another year or two before I get them. This way I know I actually want them, rather than simply want them now. I'd definitely get a sleeve, and in fact really want one, if I knew what to put there. But I refuse to get a tattoo simply for the sake of having it.

In university I focused alot of my studies around social deviance, and the role tattoos within societies, and the sociogenesis of them. Incredibly interesting material, whether you have one or not. An area that I'd love to some research into is Russian prison tattoos, as everything about them remains serious.

OT: I've often thought about how pissed the first guy to get a barbed-wire tattoo must be....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics