1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tasty waves

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lefty, Apr 29, 2012.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

On August 27, 2011, the Billabong Pro Tahiti event on surfing's World Tour was placed on hold due to a massive swell bearing down on the famed big-wave spot, Teahupoo. With forecasts calling for unprecedented surf, some of the greatest surfers in the world descended on the island to be in the water, despite a "Code Red" called by the Tahitian Coast Guard, which sought to keep everyone on shore. See the historic day through the eyes of two surfers -- the young gun Laurie Towner and the veteran Dylan Longbottom -- as they catch some of the biggest, most dangerous surf ever recorded, much of it captured with the super slow motion Phantom Camera for never-before-seen imagery.

lefty

2. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

3. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    Bloody hell. I've been swallowed up by surf of 6 - 8 ft, tossed and twisted, driven into the coral... I was bollocked by mother nature. Frightening. I don't even want to fathom riding that surf. That wall just collapses on 'em and takes 'em to another dimension.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

5. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

I went boogie boarding a few years ago in Westhampton. A tiny wave face-planted me into a pile of rocks and ended up with twenty-eight stitches in my face.

These dudes are men; I am a worm.