Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Taryn Rose

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kronik, Jun 4, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

So, I'm looking for a couple pairs of shoes for work to replace the Ecco/Steve Madden that are well.. past their prime. I hear these are comfortable and they're still somewhat fashionable - seems like a good buy.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand in regards to styling, durability, etc?

2. TCN

TCN Senior member

So, I'm looking for a couple pairs of shoes for work to replace the Ecco/Steve Madden that are well.. past their prime. I hear these are comfortable and they're still somewhat fashionable - seems like a good buy.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand in regards to styling, durability, etc?

You could do much better for the money. My impression of them is that they're a $200 shoe selling for $450+. Of course if you are drawn to their styling, there's not much I can say other than "you have bad taste" . . . kidding. [​IMG]

3. Flame

Flame Senior member

They are like the Bruno Magli and Ferragamo for loafers. Not worth it.

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

5. kronik

kronik Senior member

You could do much better for the money. My impression of them is that they're a $200 shoe selling for $450+. Of course if you are drawn to their styling, there's not much I can say other than "you have bad taste" . . . kidding. [​IMG]

rofl TCN - I'm not particularly.. but in regards to "comfort" shoes i.e. Ecco, Mephisto, etc.. the options are somewhat limited. I'm not planning to pay retail, of course.

The question is, are they (on average) more comfort-designed than say, AE (my other workhorse option).

6. kitonbrioni

As is shown below, the Allen Edmund shoes are comfortable, but the Taryn Rose ones are more comfortable--
    [​IMG]
    http://whatareyouwearingtoday.blogspot.com/

7. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

kitonbrioni

Can you provide a little input on how Taryn Rose generally fit - i.e. big, small, narrow, wide? I tend to be a 9.5, closer to a 43 to a 42 in euro. But, for example, a pair of Zegna Couture boots in a 9 fit perfectly, as does a pliner boot in 9.5. And, for some odd reason, I've never found a pair of AEs that fit well in either a 9 or a 9.5. Anyway, input on Taryn Rose fit would be appreciated.

8. kitonbrioni

9. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Taryn Rose was created to compete with Mephisto, whose dress shoes are Goodyear welted and made with aniline skins. Taryn Rose are neither.

10. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

I got a pair or taryn Rose monkstraps for about $100 on eBay and they are a nice shoe at that price. Very light and flexible, wide toe box, quite comfortable. I wouldn't pay much more than $100-$130 for an internet price, but at that price they are an excellent everyday shoe.

11. jteddy78

jteddy78 New Member

TR are one of the most comfortable dress shoes i have.