• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tanqueray vodka

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried it? I just noticed it a my local package store and never new they made vodka.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody has tried this?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was nothing special.

Apart from the bison grass stuff, which is really Poland's answer to gin, the same can be said of all vodkas.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apart from the bison grass stuff, which is really Poland's answer to gin, the same can be said of all vodkas.

What is this? Bison grass stuff?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is this? Bison grass stuff?

Bison Grass vodka. Poland has, for centuries, used stuff called Bison Grass, which is related to what we call Sweet Grass, to flavor vodka. The traditionally made stuff is illegal in the US thanks to the same stupid law that prohibited Absinthe, but there are somewhat chemically modified versions that are legal, just insanely hard to find outside of special order.

It's about impossible to describe, but fills a similar niche as gin does. And at least the real stuff is very tasty.

Last edited:

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bison Grass vodka. Poland has, for centuries, used stuff called Bison Grass, which is related to what we call Sweet Grass, to flavor vodka. The traditionally made stuff is illegal in the US thanks to the same stupid law that prohibited Absinthe, but there are somewhat chemically modified versions that are legal, just insanely hard to find outside of special order.
It's about impossible to describe, but fills a similar niche as gin does. And at least the real stuff is very tasty.

I thought they repealed that law regarding absinthe?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to Wiki:
United States

In 2007, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) effectively lifted the longstanding absinthe ban, and has since approved many brands for sale in the U.S. market. This was made possible partly through the TTB's clarification of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) thujone content regulations, which specify that finished food and beverages that contain Artemisia species must be thujone free.[98] In this context, the TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the thujone content is less than 10ppm (equal to 10 mg/kg).[99][100] This is verified through the use of Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry.[101]

The importation, distribution, and sale of absinthe is permitted with respect to the following restrictions:

* The product must be thujone-free as per TTB guidelines,
* The word "absinthe" can neither be the brand name nor stand alone on the label, and
* The packaging cannot "project images of hallucinogenic, psychotropic or mind-altering effects."

Absinthe imported in violation of these regulations is subject to seizure at the discretion of U.S. Customs.[102][103]

Beginning in 2001, a product called Absente was sold legally in the United States under the marketing tagline "Absinthe Refined", but as the product was made with southernwood (Artemisia abrotanum) and not grande wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) (prior to 2009), the TTB classified it as a liqueur.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to try this. Anyone know where I can buy it online?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a very smooth vodka for the price, and one of my favorites. Just a notch above Finlandia

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a month ago my local ABC had handles of Tanqueray vodka on sale for $25, so I picked one up. Basically, as everyone else says, it's just regular vodka, only a little smoother-- certainly none of the pineyness that characterizes the brand's gin (Tanqueray-gin-and-tonic is my go-to drink when someone else is paying.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 71 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 33 17.0%

Forum statistics

Threads