• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tanner Messenger Bags

kubrick555

Reaction score
I have the tanner messenger bag in dark brown, it's pretty sweet for the price. I just use it for carrying odd things around the city and to work (IPod, gloves, magazines, work materials), so I don't really need a compartment.

Is it not professional? I suppose with a suit a messenger bag is not appropiate...but my work is business casual so it works well.

Anyway, I love the design and the leather is aging nicely. Highly recommended.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Well, if you like it, by all means.
A lack of compartments is not a huge issue in a bag of that size, a separate neoprene sleeve for your laptop, and maybe cases for your other gadgets if you have them would prove better in the long run anyhow. Do yourself a favor and start using a pencil case as well, I know it's un-American but they're handy.

As someone mentioned though, that is not really a great solution as a professional-looking bag. It falls into the biz casual aesthetic, and you know where that goes... This bag, the edges are raw and it's not very refined looking. Plus, for it to be on the professional side, in my opinion, you should be able carry it by hand as well so as not to wrinkle your jacket shoulder with a strap, and the Tanner doesn't have a provision for that.

I'm a dentist in a relatively small city, so really this bag just needs to get me from my car to my clinic and back. Rarely do I wear a suit jacket; I wouldn't aim call my attire business casual, but I guess that's essentially what it is.

I'm planning to wait for the next Tanner release (which should be within a month) and I'll order at that point.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
How'd that customhide bag come out?

Good question....it's 6 weeks behind schedule. They keep bumping the delivery date out every week for different reasons. It's supposed to ship out today. I'll let you know when I recieve it.

edit: Finally got the tracking information. My bag will be here next Monday!

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you want a functional messenger bag that does not have to be all leather, take a look at sfbags.com's cargo. Made in the USA and it has kept well over the two years that I've owned it.
cargo_mambocombo_new_md.jpg

idlewild

Reaction score
i have a tanner messenger bag...its pretty awesome...breaking in nice

Prosiddon

Reaction score
I ordered a tanner bag 3 weeks ago and I still havn't received it yet, I didn't think it would take nearly this long. The website originally said 7-10 days and time for shipping but about 10 days after I placed my order they changed it to state 1-3 weeks and time for shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads