• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TANNER GOODS: Spring 09

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Ordered during black friday sale. Recieved yesterday. So three weeks +/-

Right. What is it then?

Nvm I read the newsletter wrong. It ended on Dec 1st.
eh.gif

splattered

Reaction score
Anyone interested in size 32 single prong "standard" belts? I got black and natural still brand new with tags... i think i just need mah double prongs. Gonna try and make up my mind when i get home from work later before i officially put them up to be let go. Just checking interest.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I faced the same dilemma and I also ordered standard belts as opposed to double prong. Can the hardware not be swapped out? Their double prong belts were 1.75" as I recall and that just seemed too thick for daily use, which is what I'll be doing with the natural standard.

You guys who ordered for black friday, was it paypal to hecklewood? I'm trying to double check on the status of my order and this seems weird.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
I faced the same dilemma and I also ordered standard belts as opposed to double prong. Can the hardware not be swapped out? Their double prong belts were 1.75" as I recall and that just seemed too thick for daily use, which is what I'll be doing with the natural standard.

You guys who ordered for black friday, was it paypal to hecklewood? I'm trying to double check on the status of my order and this seems weird.

No, the hardware can't be swapped out because the prong holes on the belt itself are the line of single holes and wouldnt work with the double prong hardware. However these belts do snap and you can put any belt buckle you want on them which is nice. (**** you just made me realise why i wanna keep all four belts, so i can swap out the single prongs with my own ghetto buckles haha)

And yeah, Paypal shows up as Hecklewood. I thought it weird at first too but wrote them with some questions and it is indeed tanner.

Leif-fire-eater

Reaction score
is there any rumor of a holiday discount. I'd love to get another belt, but I bought my first tanner belt days after the black friday sale.

slickmick

Reaction score
bought the tanner goods cardholder. VERY VERY disappointed. it looks COMPLETELY different from the stock photos. Bought LONDON TAN, received something that looks more like natural tan. And theres white stitching around it which IMO, ruins the whole thing. The thickness/type of the leather looks COMPLETELY different as well..... the dimensions look messed up too. whats up with this?

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slickmick
bought the tanner goods cardholder. VERY VERY disappointed. it looks COMPLETELY different from the stock photos. Bought LONDON TAN, received something that looks more like natural tan. And theres white stitching around it which IMO, ruins the whole thing. The thickness/type of the leather looks COMPLETELY different as well..... the dimensions look messed up too. whats up with this?

Hey Slickmick,

I believe I may have already sent you a reply via email but I thought I should explain to others who may have a similar inquiry.

We have been selling the cardholders with contrast stitching and double layered and sided leather (2/3 oz english bridle) for some time. It really is a much more finished and refined product. All out stocklists have been receiving this version for retail sale since September. This is the same leather as the belts in every way but the hides are stripped down a few layers to make them easier on the pocket. We go from 9/10 oz down to 2/3 oz... it really changes the handle due to the change in weight but I can definitely assure you that it is still a very high quality leather. We will never stamp something Tanner Goods that does not meet our high quality standards. We make our products tough just for you.

As for the variation int he London tan, A few of the hides we received were a bit lighter then we had expected. There is always going to be a range for the color... always. This isn't something that we are able to control 100% of the time, though we try to the best of our abilities.

If you are in any way unhappy with the resulting product that you received, go ahead and send it back to us with a small note indicating that you would like the original version and we will gladly swap it out for you in as timely a fashion as we can.

We should have changed the pics on the old site but we have neglected to do so as we will be relaunching our e commerce site very soon... This is completely our fault and if anyone has anything to say, feel free to email me: [email protected] and I will surely straighten it out with you.

once again,

Thanks for all your support fellas, there is only 3 of us running the whole operation and we are learning something new season in and season out.

We love your feedback and look to improve and reflect in the future.

best,

-Mike

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
No, the hardware can't be swapped out because the prong holes on the belt itself are the line of single holes and wouldnt work with the double prong hardware. However these belts do snap and you can put any belt buckle you want on them which is nice. (**** you just made me realise why i wanna keep all four belts, so i can swap out the single prongs with my own ghetto buckles haha)

And yeah, Paypal shows up as Hecklewood. I thought it weird at first too but wrote them with some questions and it is indeed tanner.

All of the double-pronged belts are now the exact same width as the Standard belt. Another cosmetic adjustment we made over the last few months.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can not wait for my wallet and tether to arrive! **** looks amazing. Love supporting leather artisans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads