• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TANNER GOODS: Spring 09

chronic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
They are THICK too. Once fastened all the bunching of leather and hardware measures at least an inch off my waist... haha do these eventually somehow shrink down and fit more snug against my waist or will i always have that much leather sticking off my pants? :p

Just got my belts a few weeks ago...mine are tough as hell and stick out too. My friend wore his for a while now and the leather's a lot softer and more fitted to the waist. You just have to break it in.

Originally Posted by TyCooN
How does the Mahogany look in real life?
eh.gif

I got the Mahogany...it's a lot darker than it looks on the website. More of a reddish brown. I like it better IRL than the pic on the site.

Hope this helps!

splattered

Reaction score
How does the Mahogany look in real life?
eh.gif

I dunno, i got black and natural colors... i thought about picking up mahogany but didnt :p

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronic
Just got my belts a few weeks ago...mine are tough as hell and stick out too. My friend wore his for a while now and the leather's a lot softer and more fitted to the waist. You just have to break it in.

Good to know. I'll gladly break these in :p Totally worth every penny... best pieces of anything i've bought in i don't know how long. Just wish i had bought a workman wallet/tether too. boo.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apc_helmutlang
Great products! I really like the belts and the wool card holders. Is there any special price or coupon for SFers? My other question is, if I wear a W30 in pants, what belt size should I buy?
get the one that is your measured waist size from their website: >>All of our belts are graded to fit as true to size as possible. Because of the thickness of the leather we use, our grading system is +2” longer than the stated size. A size 34 belt will measure 36” from where the leather folds around the buckle to the center hole. If you have any questions or concerns about sizing, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected].<<

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 33-34 TTS. Just ordered a 34 Standard Black with the Copper Hardware (Premium I guess).

Looks freakin cool with the black/copper contrast; will be my go-to casual black belt.

Will report back on fit.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got mine in london tan. It's also lighter in person, but that's good in my book. Beefy as ****. Splattered's reaction is pretty understandable.

Buckles are just 'meh'. Ordered the nickel roller and a stainless self-keeper, and opted to re-use one of my favorite buckles instead.

Otherwise, will def. order another...maybe a few. Cust. srv. was great with a quick reply abt. shipping.

DSCN1755_396.jpg

bob99

Reaction score
I got the Standard belt in Nickel last week, and it's great! This is the best belt I've ever owned. I bought it at Uncle Otis for $118 Canadian, which seems like there was a healthy markup involved, but I'm still pleased.

I wear a 31 waist and got the 34. It hits perfectly at the 5th middle hole.

This belt feels well made, like it just "clicks" and works.

It's a bit thick / bulky, but that look works great with jeans (which I always wear.)

Good job Tanner! I saw the untreated leather and was considering it. If I get a second belt, that will be the next one.

Bob

racetrack

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a few gifts for Christmas.. should I expect any coupons soon?

splattered

Reaction score
I was considering the london tan but got the natural instead... pretty light colored belt but i slapped it on this morning w jeans and a tshirt and it just works. I dig it. Lovin these belts... so far i've only worn my double prong. I'm not so sure i need my two standards as well. Considering picking up the leather keepers after the fact too.

As for the sizing question... i wear sz 30 jeans, so i ordered sz 32 belts. General rule is to order two inches longer than your waist size. Then i saw the sizing tab on their website and it states the belts are listed as true to size... so i should have actually gotten a 30. I emailed customer service and they said no, if you have size 30 waist then you need a 32 belt. I received them and they maybe fit an inch large but i dont think a full 2.

The belt i wore all day yesterday already broke in a fair amount where the prong/keeper was, so im not that worried anymore

nick.g

Reaction score
How long did it take for you guys to get the belts? I ordered last week. It would be nice if I got it before Christmas but I'm in no rush.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nick.g
How long did it take for you guys to get the belts? I ordered last week. It would be nice if I got it before Christmas but I'm in no rush.

Ordered during black friday sale. Recieved yesterday. So three weeks +/-

They have one up for this season.
eh.gif

Right. What is it then?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics