• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tanner Goods Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres a short tanner goods belt thread and the longer Finally tanner's bags have arrived but not an official thread

Ops can merge them all if you like but figured TG deserves its own thread

ive had 2 tanner belts so far and they are impeccable

anywho saw this on SUFU from lando
IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

i just purchased a 13oz collar for my schnug pup and a matching 13oz belt for me haha

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty serious dog collar. Looks too big for that dog. Lead looks good though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Would be a good idea to merge threads into here.

Need those socks still.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah does seem big but its the smallest they come in ... 1 inch width

but with time and wear it should look sick on any dog even if its slightly large. i think lando said he was going to try and soak and heat it to shrink it

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
their old stuff was ok. I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the whole tan your own leather belt deal, I've tried, it kind of just fell by the wayside for me. The old belt I had developed a nice patina, but I'd be far more interested in the colored belts (I've worn the same banana republic black belt for ~10 years now). One thing that drove me crazy about the belt I had was the fact they used snaps, which imo just cheapens the look. amazing customer service though.

blklblk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
theres a short tanner goods belt thread and the longer Finally tanner's bags have arrived but not an official thread

Ops can merge them all if you like but figured TG deserves its own thread

ive had 2 tanner belts so far and they are impeccable

anywho saw this on SUFU from lando
IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

i just purchased a 13oz collar for my schnug pup and a matching 13oz belt for me haha

I agree. The dog collar is ******* awesome.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget about the snaps, it's those hideous buckles. They're frankly are more suitable for pets. Signs of groupthink look no further

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5328046447_c53816d101.jpg

5328657040_152e682212.jpg

my 1 year old belt ... i dont mind teh buckle. its a standard buckle ... if you hate it due to the snaps you could always switch it out

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anything over 10oz seem like ridiculous overkill?

+1 on the snaps being unappealing. I've always liked copper rivets, no matter what colour metal hardware you end up going with.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
Is it just me or does anything over 10oz seem like ridiculous overkill?

yeah probably ... actually definitely but that can be said about a lot of things. makes breaking it in that much more meaningful?
uhoh.gif

giraffe lookout

Reaction score
I think you can't go wrong with snaps but mostly because I'm not that into those buckles. I like the looks of their belts though and that dog collar is cool. I'm not sold on a lot of their wallets.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
**** the belts send me those ******* socks

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Originally Posted by giraffe lookout
I think you can't go wrong with snaps but mostly because I'm not that into those buckles. I like the looks of their belts though and that dog collar is cool. I'm not sold on a lot of their wallets.

I love how the cardholders look/age, but the design just doesn't seem practical to me. Of course, a lot of people who've owned them have raved about how great they are. The Bifolds, on the other hand, just seem like way too much money for what they are.

seraphn

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been on the brink of getting one of their cardholders for about a year. I'm not really digging the two straps in the back.

The price has also risen by about 20 bucks, which makes it all the more difficult to pull the trigger.

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seraphn
Yeah, I've been on the brink of getting one of their cardholders for about a year. I'm not really digging the two straps in the back.

The price has also risen by about 20 bucks, which makes it all the more difficult to pull the trigger.

I thought the price had gone up, didn't realize it was by that much. I wonder how much of a profit per item they were making at the original price. I hate to judge, but it seems like a big jump without the product itself changing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads