• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tanner Goods / Hecklewood Black Friday

StuntastiK

Reaction score
When is citizen clothing getting a restock on tanner?
Need a natural standard belt and bi-fold
frown.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my london tan belt and cardholder ;]

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Meh, natural leather only for me, FTW.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha word

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet, got my tracking today. I had a big order (belt, bifold, dog collar, freebie cardholder) so I figured it would take some time.

Now I just need to decide if I can get away with the long wallet. I haven't worn one of those since I was like 13 and had to hide my chain in my locker at school.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally received my black friday order. they sent me the wrong belt (the skinnier natural) but its fine, the thicker one would have been too thick imo anyway. also got a london tan belt. both are very nice. highly recommend, but be aware of order issues and shipping delays.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm really loving my london tan belt and card holder right now ;]

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a TANNER natural belt from GF for xmas. Can anybody confirm how I would tan the belt?

Do I first tan the belt in the sun, then slap on some oil (going to use Obeauf) or oil first, tan after?

Thanks

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Just got a TANNER natural belt from GF for xmas. Can anybody confirm how I would tan the belt?

Do I first tan the belt in the sun, then slap on some oil (going to use Obeauf) or oil first, tan after?

Thanks

You know, I originally wanted to tan my natural leather belt too, but I quickly realized that it's just that much cooler if you let it age on its own.

My belt is much darker now that it was originally, achieved simply by wearing it off and on for the last 9 months or so. (Search for xchen's natural Tanner belt if you need proof of a naturally darkened belt.)

That said, if I were to try to tan it, I'd oil it and then leave it in the sun - just like a bikini girl in Mexico, oil then sun.

GahDuma

Reaction score
You people realize the process is called tanning because it uses a substance called tannin. You don't actually leave it in the sun. Leaving your leather pieces in the sun might change the color from weathering effects, but not because of the sunlight itself. I've seen some SuFu people post about how they leave their belts in the sun and then get humiliated as people pointed out that that's not how you do it at all.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It is skin. Leaving it in the sun will cause it to tan. Just don't leave it out too much or you'll dry out the leather too much. I've had my belt over a year and I've put it in the sunlight a few times, but only for like a combined total of 10 or 12 hours, and always on the hottest days of summer.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm. Can somebody be the deal breaker? I tried looking through SuFu, and I didn't find a clear cut process of doing this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics