Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tan Suit - Help w Shirt/Tie Combo & Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BigChris1007, May 12, 2013.

1. BigChris1007

BigChris1007 New Member

Hi All,

I'm going to be attending a good friends wedding in DC in the middle of August. It's going to be real hot & semi-outdoors so I'm thinking I may be purchasing a khaki suit to wear to the event. Having zero style sense and wanting to look good in this suit, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with a couple of questions.

- What's the best suit/tie combo for a khaki suit? I'm thinking light blue shirt, dark blue tie but am open to all suggestions.

- What color/style of shoe should I look into? I'm thinking some style of Bucks but am not sure color choice I should be going for.

Thanks for any input anyone can provide, I appreciate it.

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tan suits are great in the summer and especially at weddings good start!

Medium brown shoe or suede bucks are both excellent options. I wear my "dusty" (natural tan suede) bucks with summer suits. plus, once broken in, bucks are so damn comfortable.

As far as a shirt and tie at a wedding you have several options:

White shirt, white pocket square with pastel colors for some festive "pop".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you want something more subtle , yes you can wear a blue shirt and dark navy tie. Consider a navy silk knit tie. But this may not be very summery.

3. BigChris1007

BigChris1007 New Member

Thanks pocketsquareguy, I really like that green and that orange tie. I appreciate the input and think I'm now definitely leaning towards the bucks.