• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tan linen blazer

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a NWT tan linen blazer for $425, RLPL, beautiful piece, ticket pocket, double vents, the whole nine yards. I'm looking for ideas to wear it with. Perhaps a navy shirt and cream or olive trousers. Ideas?

for reference, here is the jacket in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310011934272

Thanks as always for the great suggestions.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
A bold color linen shirt (look at Vilebrequin for ideas) and some white jeans would work.

Pic looks cotton.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For pants try light gray for the most elegant look, white for a casual sporty or resort look and jeans and a white shirt for anywhere because it will look terrific (with awesome tan or light brown shoes, of course).

You can wear a pink, lavender or blue shirt, but I think a crisp white shirt and a nice white linen pocket square are hard to beat. There are pocket squares that are white linen and have a colored border. I have several with blue, orange and pink borders that all look good with my tan linen jackets.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
For pants try light gray for the most elegant look, white for a casual sporty or resort look and jeans and a white shirt for anywhere because it will look terrific (with awesome tan or light brown shoes, of course).

You can wear a pink, lavender or blue shirt, but I think a crisp white shirt and a nice white linen pocket square are hard to beat. There are pocket squares that are white linen and have a colored border. I have several with blue, orange and pink borders that all look good with my tan linen jackets.

Well said.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Coming from a stylish guy like you that is quite a compliment!

crackup[1].gif

or

plain.gif

Either way, thank you. . .

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second light grey pants with a white shirt. This sounds odd but try a black/grey/white small check macclesfield tie too.

Also suggest:

1. Navy pants, pale blue cutaway collar shirt and solid navy tie (or subtle navy/brown stripe) with tobacco suede shoes.

2. Slightly darker tan pants with white shirt and light olive tie.

3. White shirt, jeans, suede loafers.

All with white linen pocket square.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads