• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tan/Brown boots for office

Ceps

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking for my first pair of boots (mmm, well I've got some Clarks DB) so I guess it's second pair of boots. I have $200 gift card from amazon and I'd like to keep it below that. If I could I'd get AE Dalton (which I love) but can't afford them, Alden Indy are also nice.

I've seen these Massimo Matteo Wing Boot and Thursday Boot Company Diplomat (similar to both models previously mentioned) but I have no idea if they will just fall apart after a couple of months tbh. I work at an office (programmer) and drive my own car to work so no much walking, however, I will probably wear them on weekends which do involve a lot of walking. I was considering Chippewas Rugged Handcrafted Lace-Up because I've read nothing but great reviews from them but they are not as dressy as the others although cheaper.

Thanks in advance!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking for my first pair of boots (mmm, well I've got some Clarks DB) so I guess it's second pair of boots. I have $200 gift card from amazon and I'd like to keep it below that. If I could I'd get AE Dalton (which I love) but can't afford them, Alden Indy are also nice.

I've seen these Massimo Matteo Wing Boot and Thursday Boot Company Diplomat (similar to both models previously mentioned) but I have no idea if they will just fall apart after a couple of months tbh. I work at an office (programmer) and drive my own car to work so no much walking, however, I will probably wear them on weekends which do involve a lot of walking. I was considering Chippewas Rugged Handcrafted Lace-Up because I've read nothing but great reviews from them but they are not as dressy as the others although cheaper.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know that you are wearing them with.

The Chippewas are a good workboot, and typically considered too casual for office use. But as a programmer, you probably have a lot of latitude, and the Chippewas will probably look great with jeans.

Ceps

Reaction score
Mostly slacks, I really don't have to be too dressy but I don't want to look like a programmer
tongue.gif

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mostly slacks, I really don't have to be too dressy but I don't want to look like a programmer
tongue.gif

Dress wool trousers or casual cotton chinos? If casual cotton chinos, I would probably go with something from Red Wing...Heritage chukka or Moc 6".

Ceps

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I've got both and was thinking I could use my Clarks DB with cotton chinos, which leaves me few options for dress trousers. That's why I was thinking something a little more dressy than Chippewas or similar.
Again, I'd love to buy AE Dalton but it's simply not possible; I've read people saying whatever time you saved now just wait and do it again until you can afford *insert item here*, I'd have to wait a year (and maybe more) to get $400 for Daltons hahahaha, I'm sorry it sounds pathetic, but I'm from Venezuela and things here are going down hill fast and getting $ is ridiculous. I mean, I spent like $2k on a computer a couple years ago and it was nothing now that amount... I'd have to be rich.

cloven

Reaction score
If you're trying to wear a boot with dress slacks, I would definitely recommend a more formal boot than the chippewa ones, which would be best paired with jeans. If you really wanted to spring for Daltons, you can get seconds quality from shoebank for $349, here http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=1111S&DIM=D&SIZE=100. As a far cheaper alternative, I've heard a lot of good reviews about the JC Penny Stafford dress boot, found here http://www.jcpenney.com/stafford-deacon-mens-wingtip-leather-boots/prod.jump?ppId=pp5004560043. I know you're trying to buy off of Amazon so both of these products might be helpful, but I just thought I'd add to your options.

Ceps

Reaction score
Thanks cloven! The Stafford Deacon sure look nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads