• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tall slim fit tees?

Spliff

Reaction score
Do these exist? Ive been searching for a long time but i havent be able to find anything. Im 6'5 160lbs so i have a hard time finding shirts that fit. The longest ive found is the american apparel summer shirt. ive been wearing them in size medium (~30 inch length) and the slim fit is perfect, but its barely long enough for me to wear. Also since the resellers got shut down i cant buy anymore of these (i cant afford $20 for this shirt when it rips this easily). Are there any slim fit t-shirts out there longer than the AA 6401? Or atleast the same length?

Also, since i dont know anything about alterations i want to ask these questions. Would i be able to bring in a t-shirt thats the perfect length for me and have it altered to be slim fit like the AA 6401 tees i have? Would it work? Would they even take me seriously for bringing in a t-shirt? If it would work, how much would it cost?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick Owens
rick+owens.jpg
Boris Bidjan Saberi (picture removed by request of the designer)

Julius
29111_1.jpg

Probably out of your price range... but they exist...

Last edited by a moderator:

JGP.

Reaction score
I'm 6'3 so i have the same problem. Can never find long enough tees and hate the look and feeling of wearing shirts that are too short. I wish more brands would offer Medium Tall, it seems like brands that do offer tall only offer it in L or XL...

Wherree can I buy long slim tees? I like some rick but so much of it is either too sheer or too much $$

Spliff

Reaction score
wow ya i definately cant afford those shirts. those shirts are pretty amazing though, thanks for showing me them. i had no idea slim fit tees that long existed.

Originally Posted by JGP.
I'm 6'3 so i have the same problem. Can never find long enough tees and hate the look and feeling of wearing shirts that are too short. I wish more brands would offer Medium Tall, it seems like brands that do offer tall only offer it in L or XL...

Wherree can I buy long slim tees? I like some rick but so much of it is either too sheer or too much $$

ive seen several brands that offer medium talls, just not in slim fit. i have several medium tall tees 33 inch length but theyre too baggy for me. i wish i could get them altered to be slim fit. well banana republic offers medium tall slim tees but they are really misleading. i ordered a couple once and had to send them back cuz they were only 27 inches or so. theyre shorter than american apparel tees.

TheGoodLife

Reaction score
yeah I totally get where you guys are coming from. Im 6'4 and have the hardest time finding slim fit tee that are long enough. I cam across tees at macys which were really cheap and had some pretty decent length. i believe the brand is alfani. def not great of quality but they were long enough and i paid only 9$ for v-neck

TheChefs

Reaction score
Why don't you get a bigger shirt and take it to a tailor? I've to take all of my shirts to tailer to get them taken in at the waist, you can do the same for tees.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheChefs
Why don't you get a bigger shirt and take it to a tailor? I've to take all of my shirts to tailer to get them taken in at the waist, you can do the same for tees.

BBS model looks like the vampire Talbott from True Blood.

Doctor

Reaction score
I'm about 6'7" and I pretty much exclusively wear Banana Republic tall slim fit V-neck tees. They're pretty good for an athletic build. Not perfect quality, but decent enough and I can't find a similar fit anywhere else.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, RO tees are soooo nice. I love the two I have lol. Where the hell can I get julius stuff?

Spliff

Reaction score

i think im going to try this. ive thought about it before i just didnt know if tailors would take in t-shirts. i dont really know anything about tailors. i assumed they would only work on suits / dress shirts.

TheChefs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spliff
i think im going to try this. ive thought about it before i just didnt know if tailors would take in t-shirts. i dont really know anything about tailors. i assumed they would only work on suits / dress shirts.

They will alter any piece of clothing you take to them, as long as you are willing to pay. You are going have to add the altering to your spending budget from now on...

Spliff

Reaction score
They will alter any piece of clothing you take to them, as long as you are willing to pay. You are going have to add the altering to your spending budget from now on...

okay, thanks. how much do you pay per shirt for altering? im sure it varies depending who its taken to, but it'd give me an idea on how much it would be.

TheChefs

Reaction score
I'm in australia, so the pricing here will be very different. Go to few different tailors and ask for quotes.

kpmcdermott

Reaction score
Admittedly, I am the owner, but the website www.tallmansclothing.com is dedicated to both providing affiliate links and reviews of external retailers and brands, but more importantly, we are developing a new, affordable, high-quality line of clothing for the tall male. We are focused primarily on shirts, since pants and jeans are easy enough to come by (maybe not at affordable prices when stylish).

We are proud to introduce our new line of premium combed cotton fitted tees, (grand opening sale with FREE shipping and promo codes) which unlike other online retailers, are made of a thicker, ring-spun cotton that provides ultimate comfort, and best of all, we have a sizing matrix that fits the needs of tall men of varying height and girth(though admittedly, not obese men) That is what Big & Tall retailers are already selling...BIG clothing...they have forgotten about tall and slim/average build men. Our ultimate goal is to get our inventory in B&T stores so tall men can try on inventory in stores.

Production is also underway for a new line of slim-fit TALL undershirts, both in regular slim-cut and in "body sculpting" fits. The samples I have received are fantastic and those I have passed along to love them...along with the fitted tees mentioned above.

Additionally, we are developing a tailored fit (no measurement input required) button-front oxford that will be affordable, stylish and high quality.

Come visit our store and enjoy the savings. Did I mention free shipping?

Kevin McDermott
Managing Owner
Tall Mans Clothing Distribution
www.tallmansclothing.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads