• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tall, skinny people look funny in tight jeans

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a girl walking down the street today who was very slim and close to six feet in height wearing tight, tapered jeans. In my opinion this made her figure look disproportionate because it drew so much attention to her toothpick legs.

I'm not sure how she could dress differently to solve this problem, because nothing is going to change the fact that her legs are freaking long. I've also seen several tall guys (6 ft +) in tight jeans and think they look odd as well...

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Reaction score
I agree, I'm tall, but very skinny, so I wear them a little relaxed. Tight jeans just emphasizes your faults(chicken legs). I never wear tight jeans, there has to been some breathing room. I don't care about whiskers as long as my legs can breathe.

Fenix

Reaction score
pants and jeans shouldn't be tight, imo. only the shirt should, if at all.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I'm not sure how she could dress differently to solve this problem, because nothing is going to change the fact that her legs are freaking long.

Wait... this is a problem, now?

tljenkin

Reaction score
I dunno, CMF is tall and skinny, but still manages to pull off very form fitting outfits better than anyone else on the board.

Sorry Sauce, you're a close second.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Oh, I kind of agree with the original post re: men--I like skinny silhouettes, but sometimes it doesn't quite work (also, I'm certainly not gonna complain at coming in second to cheap), but... on women? Having long legs is a problem now? Really?

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sauce and I get dibs on the slim & long legged, tight jeans wearing ladies. You guys can have the stumpy legged carpenter jeans wearing leftovers if that's what floats yer boat.
tounge.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Sauce and I get dibs on the slim & long legged, tight jeans wearing ladies. You guys can have the stumpy legged carpenter jeans wearing leftovers if that's what floats yer boat.
tounge.gif

Deal!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm all for long legs, I'm just not sure skin tight jeans are the way to dress 'em up.

Maybe something with a slight boot cut would be more appropriate?

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think tight jeans look great on guys who are very tall and thin (like me), but skinny women have a lot more leeway. If she's long and lean but still has some meat on her ass, hips and thighs, tight jeans can still look really sexy. But if she's more on the bony side, they can be less flattering. I think this girl is rockin' the **** out of these: Or are you talking about women skinnier than that? OTOH, the jeans below aren't flattering at all, but I think it's more due to the high rise, and overall crappy cut.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
I don't think tight jeans look great on guys who are very tall and thin (like me), but skinny women have a lot more leeway. If she's long and lean but still has some meat on her ass, hips and thighs, tight jeans can still look really sexy. But if she's more on the bony side, they can be less flattering.

I think you've solved the problem. It was probably her bony figure that made me think "ughh", and not the fact that she was tall.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this skinny girl looks pretty good, too. Now Kate Moss takes skinny to a whole new level, but I think even she is kinda rockin these: When a girl with skinny legs has wide hips, I think low-rise is critical, because too much fabric on top really throws off the proportions and brings unwanted attention to her thin legs. I see this look occasionally, and don't think it flattering:

Reaction score
I think I know what the OP is talking about. Girls with no meat, no ass, or anything, that rock skinny jeans. They look bad. There's not anything they can do about it, either, except eat more. A looser fit would just look horrendous.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's official, girls with toothpick legs are nasty. I like me some girls with nice ass legs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads