1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tall, Skinny and...Handsome?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by downeasta, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Senior member

BB XSF are probably a decent bet for someone like you. They seem to be cut for the tall, skinny, and narrow shouldered man. That said, depending on how tall and how skinny you are, you may need them taken in a bit, especially at the waist.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

A bragging thread, eh?

I'm 6'1'' and 145 lbs. I wear a size 36L&slim suit -- try finding this bastard of a size off the rack. Sure, 36s are aplenty -- but only for short chaps. Shirt size 15&3/4'' with 35'' sleeves. With darts.

downeasta, if you're still studying and money is an issue, try flea markets and vintage shops. Have everything you find tailored, taken in a bit. If you can save up a bit, go MTM. It will save you much trouble. Favour chunky sweaters (they give you girth), heavier shirt fabrics (oxfords etc.) and heavier woollens (400 grams and upwards). The main reason why I advice my readers to favour heavier fabrics is that they will both drape better (so they won't have to be cut sking-tight) and will last longer. Don't bother sweating at the gym: life is so much more easier if you can learn to accept your body. There are many perks in having a svelte figure.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have trouble finding a 36" sleeve for a 15.5 neck. It's a major problem for sport shirts. I can't recall ever seeing a 37" sleeve except in extra large neck sizes (i.e., 17+).

4. Maegnus

Maegnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, your shirt definitely fits mint (I thought so in the WAYWRN thread, but your detailed pics confirm it). [​IMG]

5. TIMbella

TIMbella New Member

As some who is a similar size and spent years worriyng about what looks ok I think the best advice is wear what you feel good in - Its all down to confidence I have worn baggy, tight etc etc its all down to fashion sometime baggy sometime skinny - The pictures you post make you look like a smartly dressed young bloke who wears good quality clothing that women like - You have no worries I would say. Its all to do with confidence - I love nice clothes and admire style and you look like you have it

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I've completely given up on sport shirts. I wear short sleeves or BB ocbd in 16,5 x 37 which if I wash in hot water will shrink down to something approximating a 16" neck.

7. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

5'5 140.....F...wrong thread :embar:

carry on

1 person likes this.