• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Omega Male - Are pharma costs broken out in that report? The company I worked for was seeing huge jumps in 2012 for pharma and I can only assume it is still a huge YoY jump.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's also when people go to the doctor and something get's missed. Now that person wants to sue the **** out of them to make up for it. In response, the doctor is going to order every test possible to CYA.
Yep.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It’s a multi factorial answer. One is actually improving and that would be practitioners getting better access to an entire medical record vs the extreme silo nature it’s always been in the US.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have seen CIBC, Marcus, Ally and Barclays mentioned here before.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Some of you mopes shamed me into finding one for my emergency cash reserves over the summer. I picked CIT Bank.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently moved to CIT and like the way you can separate accounts and rename them.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use HSBC Direct, which is still over 2% despite lots of rate cuts. I bank with HSBC, so it makes life even easier to instantly move money.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gambling on selling my EM position due to a possible correction never materialized. I said my re-entry would be 10% above selling price which it is close to. Will tuck my tail and rebuy while missing out on a 4-figure jump...ouch!

brokencycle

Reaction score
My gambling on selling my EM position due to a possible correction never materialized. I said my re-entry would be 10% above selling price which it is close to. Will tuck my tail and rebuy while missing out on a 4-figure jump...ouch!

When the correction comes right after you buy back in, make sure to average down.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you didn't think it was worth it at the old price, why enter at an even higher price?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When the correction comes right after you buy back in, make sure to average down.

Actually thinking of adding to my EM position. Any outperformance in that area based on my old small allocation was just a blip to the overall portfolio.

if you didn't think it was worth it at the old price, why enter at an even higher price?

Gotta set parameters for reentry and 10% up was one of them. The other 2 were big decreases in EMs or the S&P

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads