• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even though Ethereum has surged to new highs, Ripple has taken over as the #2 market cap cryptocurrency.

Sounds like it is on rumors that it might be picked up by coinbase...people hoping for a pop. Has already fallen back down quite a bit, but is still edging out ETH on market cap.

bings

Reaction score
Not complaining but stocks are on a tear the last couple of weeks… to the point where I'm not sure where to deploy new cash. The only two holdings I have that are down is Chipotle and intermediate corporate bonds.

i like CMG right now. if they can just stop making people sick though

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even though Ethereum has surged to new highs, Ripple has taken over as the #2 market cap cryptocurrency.

Sounds like it is on rumors that it might be picked up by coinbase...people hoping for a pop. Has already fallen back down quite a bit, but is still edging out ETH on market cap.

I dont think ripple is eligible to be listed on coinbase. (centralized, owned by a corporation, etc)

brokencycle

Reaction score
Not complaining but stocks are on a tear the last couple of weeks… to the point where I'm not sure where to deploy new cash. The only two holdings I have that are down is Chipotle and intermediate corporate bonds.

I wouldn't be long on Chipotle. They continue to have issues with their supply chain, and I would expect reinvigorated competition with the sale of Qdoba.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hookers and blow are a great place to deploy new cash.

stimulacra

Reaction score
I wouldn't be long on Chipotle. They continue to have issues with their supply chain, and I would expect reinvigorated competition with the sale of Qdoba.

Eh… bought at $340 so I'll hold for the time being, it's in a tax-deffered space so tax loss harvesting doesn't appear to be a practical option.

Also sooner or later Chipotle has to figure out supply chain and local sourcing logistics right?

bings

Reaction score
Hookers and blow are a great place to deploy new cash.

i'm already over-weight in this sector. been thinking of cutting back a bit.

Also sooner or later Chipotle has to figure out supply chain and local sourcing logistics right?

i'd agree. really thought Ackman was going to be able to have an impact when he got involved.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They will be implementing a blockchain solution in Q3 2018. Buy Walton and VeChain.

(jk)

bings

Reaction score
can you gents suggest some US energy stocks or REITS (dividend growers) that pay out monthly?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not most people, and this particular account, needs to be 100% in bonds when I retire from my job to mitigate as much risk as possible. In fact, I need to have this particular fund 100% in bonds 18-24 months prior to the jettison date.

This is in part why I usually counsel younger investors to keep a tax-efficient portfolio of bonds in their taxable accounts where such bonds can perform double duty (risk mitigation as the term is apparently used on this board and as a 6-12 month cash reserve) freeing up assets in tax advantaged accounts for higher risk/reward assets where tax advantaged gains can accrue . .. of course investors who are at or near retirement or who do not have significant retirement assets in taxable accounts may have reasons for holding bonds in tax advantaged accounts

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is in part why I usually counsel younger investors to keep a tax-efficient portfolio of bonds in their taxable accounts where such bonds can perform double duty (risk mitigation as the term is apparently used on this board and as a 6-12 month cash reserve) freeing up assets in tax advantaged accounts for higher risk/reward assets where tax advantaged gains can accrue . .. of course investors who are at or near retirement or who do not have significant retirement assets in taxable accounts may have reasons for holding bonds in tax advantaged accounts

Seems like it would only be risk mitigation if you have a relatively equivalent amount in taxable and non-taxable.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like it would only be risk mitigation if you have a relatively equivalent amount in taxable and non-taxable.

not sure what you are getting at, it seems to me that when they say "risk mitigation" most people on this board mean decreasing portfolio volatility (beta) and I meant it in that sense.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not sure what you are getting at, it seems to me that when they say "risk mitigation" most people on this board mean decreasing portfolio volatility (beta) and I meant it in that sense.
Yes, but that would only work if you actually have substantial assets in taxable accounts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads