• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, I love this chart which goes back to a post I made a few months ago about how all these sky are falling executives are just afraid of being the only out there saying the economy is going to be fine.

The fed economists are forecasting Q1 to be higher than the execs out there.

FrQvAHnWIAcWz1Z
No doubt those execs are going to use that excuse to not give raises to employees while they get fat bonuses for doing a below average job.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be fair...unless my math is wrong, they did fully extinguish all of their debts, right?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking less and less like 'the fed's fault' and more and more like incompetence-

"approximately ~38% of SVB’s reported venture debt growth ($404 million incremental loan growth) went to insider-affiliated start-ups"

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^not just incompetence but quite possibly illegal because of Reg W

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry but can someone connect the dots between $400M in loans in relation to a $175B in deposits? The run on the bank was precipitated by a multi billion dollar loss on long-duration treasuries so while this issue might be interesting and separately problematic, I don't see how it relates to the run on SVB.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads