• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

ellsbebc

Reaction score
Um, can that be passed by next month please

“(b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendment made by this section shall apply to any calendar year beginning after the date of enactment of this Act.”

Verve

Reaction score
Again, I think the Discover card doesn't charge fees. Call them up. You do have other non-business cards, but they have annual fees. Be aware that if you apply for too many cards, your credit score will drop immediately, and you will start getting declined for every card because the bots will see you as being a risk that's desperate for cash. Also don't mention you make more than 100k, or they might not auto-approve you, and will ask you to provide documentation.

If you don't get the Discover card go with the Citi Double Cash card. Gives 2 points for every dollar, so that would help with foreign transaction fees. Citi has a $200 bonus right now. That should help offset any fees.

I heard from multiple clients that Discover and Amex are not accepted at most vendors they visited in Europe; thus, I’m looking for probably VISA or MC.

Appreciate the additional info!

brokencycle

Reaction score
As others have mentioned, travel cards are probably the best. Chase Sapphire preferred or reserve are two week regarded cards generally.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred since it has the cheaper annual fee vs the Reserve

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard from multiple clients that Discover and Amex are not accepted at most vendors they visited in Europe; thus, I’m looking for probably VISA or MC.

Appreciate the additional info!

I occasionally use my Amex on terminals that say "NO AMEX." I pay through Samsung Wallet. I don't think they can block anyone without blocking every fee processor. I had the Chase Sapphire Preferred, and downgraded to the non-annual fee one because of COVID. You can try that, and get the bonus. Apply soon, because Chase might be drastically changing their CC system.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno...maybe there are some places where they just ask not to take amex to save a few cents but their processor actually allows it...

But I've had many scenarios where I scan my Amex and the transaction fails. Costco's an obvious one with their current visa-exclusive relationship, but there are some local businesses around here where the machine rejects amex (or rejects me trying to pay with Amex via Apple Pay/Google Pay on my phone).

If you set up as "no Amex" with your merchant account, your POS units shouldn't be able to run them.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s my bad. I haven’t been to a strip club since before the pandemic

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno...maybe there are some places where they just ask not to take amex to save a few cents but their processor actually allows it...

But I've had many scenarios where I scan my Amex and the transaction fails. Costco's an obvious one with their current visa-exclusive relationship, but there are some local businesses around here where the machine rejects amex (or rejects me trying to pay with Amex via Apple Pay/Google Pay on my phone).

If you set up as "no Amex" with your merchant account, your POS units shouldn't be able to run them.

That's very possible. Never been rejected with Amex while checking out at a few places. Don't really use Amex for physical stores, so guess that's why I haven't gotten rejected yet. It's extremely stupid to not accept Amex since their is cards that **** you way worse with 5x points rotating cards, and Amex is the third least used fee processor. Most of my Amex cards only get 1 point, or 1.5 for general stuff. I can see restaurants not wanting them, but even than you have Visa, and Mastercards that also give you sweet restaurant cash back/points. You also have the no limit Citi Double, and Paypal Cashback that give you 2x on all purchases.

Reactions: otc

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, you could be a bankruptcy restructuring attorney…

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Isn't the goal to have the market depressed during one's accumulation phase?

I'm telling myself the economic cycle will launch us into retirement with the opposite of SORR.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads