• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the other hand, the three year retention award I received in company stock is also worth about 3/4 what it was at the time of the award, so it's not all cake and balloons at the gnatty8 household
So just stay for 2.25 years?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let’s be real Barry. The US has $30T in debt (and growing) which is about 7-8x our annual tax haul. At 3%, that’s $1T per year which is almost 1/4 of our federal revenue.

The question is when, not if, we go back to ~zero overnight rates. Unless we can magically wipe away our national debt (is that one of the things the president can do just by thinking it??), sustained interest rates will do a doozy on our economy.

Last edited:

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this settles it. Not selling in November 2021 was a mistake. 🤷‍♂️

brokencycle

Reaction score
Let’s be real Barry. The US has $30T in debt (and growing) which is about 7-8x our annual tax haul. At 3%, that’s $1T per year which is almost 1/4 of our federal revenue.

The question is when, not if, we go back to ~zero overnight rates. Unless we can magically wipe away our national debt (is that one of the things the president can do just by thinking it??), sustained interest rates will do a doozy on our economy.

Or let's just not post market interest rates on givens bonds. The dollar is getting so much stronger than a lot of other currencies. People will still flock to it for the store in value.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You might want to read up on the concept of financial repression.

Verve

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation on which credit card you use when buying foreign merch? I’m in the US, and plan on buying stuff online from England. My Citi customer service rep lied last year when he said there were no foreign transaction/conversion fees. I plan on buying around Black Friday, so I have time.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation on which credit card you use when buying foreign merch? I’m in the US, and plan on buying stuff online from England. My Citi customer service rep lied last year when he said there were no foreign transaction/conversion fees. I plan on buying around Black Friday, so I have time.

I have Capitol One, Amex, and Chase business cards that don't charge foreign fees. Been buying a shitload of stuff from Italy, and the UK recently due to the dollar kicking ass. The Discover card might not charge fees, but I never used it for international.

Verve

Reaction score
I have Capitol One, Amex, and Chase business cards that don't charge foreign fees. Been buying a shitload of stuff from Italy, and the UK recently due to the dollar kicking ass. The Discover card might not charge fees, but I never used it for international.
Thanks for the response! I don’t run my own business per se. Any recommendations on the personal side? I guess I’ll look at Chase. Thanks again!

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I don’t run my own business per se. Any recommendations on the personal side? I guess I’ll look at Chase. Thanks again!

The Chase Preferred is a good no foreign fee cards. Combine with a Chase Freedom for general spending and points combine.

Chase Reserve is better than Preffered for point redemption and earn, but has a hefty yearly fee.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Again, I think the Discover card doesn't charge fees. Call them up. You do have other non-business cards, but they have annual fees. Be aware that if you apply for too many cards, your credit score will drop immediately, and you will start getting declined for every card because the bots will see you as being a risk that's desperate for cash. Also don't mention you make more than 100k, or they might not auto-approve you, and will ask you to provide documentation.

If you don't get the Discover card go with the Citi Double Cash card. Gives 2 points for every dollar, so that would help with foreign transaction fees. Citi has a $200 bonus right now. That should help offset any fees.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads